Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a pretty wierd thing goin on right now with the teg. Whenever I brake moderatly at slow speeds (think stop and go traffic) I get a grinding sound and a slight vibration. The strange thing is that this doesnt seem to happen at high speeds or when I really slam on the brakes. I cant be sure or not, but it also seems that this started after I installed my new pads, is this just a problem with my braking surfaces or is it something more expensive, like a CV joint.

·
Registered
240 Posts
if it were your cv joints, the problem would exist whether braking or not...

i would suspect the problem would exist between the pads and the rotor... most cars do it like if the car has sit for awhile and the rotors have accumulated corrosion, but the problem doesn't persist after a few good hard stops...

perhaps some type of incompatibility between the pad type and rotors? what do you have?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
my dad has the same problem in his 94 grand caravan, hes thinking it might be a bad wheel bearing or somthing... ill ask him later whats up

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Some pad materials will squeak a little while they break in. Drive for a few more mile (200 or so) and see if the problem persist. If it does check to see if your rotors are warped or need resurfacing.

·
Registered
545 Posts
its your pads or rotors.... most likely your rotors are warped.

Crash is correct.

aepunk04: bad wheel bearing would be the kinda feel like a bad CV joint... it would basically vibrate (but really its feels worse than dat).

·
Registered
296 Posts
When you replaced the pads did you resurface the rotors?That might lead to a little bit of a noise and vibration like you're talking about. Also Check the clearance between the inside edge of the pad and the inside of the rotor(area around lugs)I've seen cars come in complaining of close to what you are talking about and it was just a matter of readjusting the pads.

·
Registered
24 Posts
the vibration could definately be from a warping of the rotor, and i have dealt wiht that before, but i doubt the grinding noise is from a warped rotor. I'd think the easiest thing to do is just pop off your tire and see what is contacting what, and where. If you pad is contacting something besides the rotor, it will definately be visible. Also, i've had the cv joint problem before and mine was too tight so it made a clicking noise everytime i would turn.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts