Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have this grinding noise from the front around the wheel, it sounds like someone attached a chain to the front of the car and its dragging, i trhought it was the brake pad wearing out but it does this noise allll the time even when im not braking, so today i took it to tire kingdom and they did an inspection, they said "my rotor was too low and the caliper was extended, the piston of the caliper can come off any second and scratch up the rotor" they say they measured the rotor and it was like .800 or something when it should be .825. and they basically said i need new rotors. has anyone heard of this or are they just bsing me?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, this happened to my back right rotor. The piston of the caliper came out and was scraping against the rotor. Made the most awful noise. Midas replaced the rotor that was also out of spec and used some kind of $60 'rebuild kit' on the caliper. It fixed the problem so I'm happy.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
GreenIntegra01 on Feb/10/06 said:
Yes, this happened to my back right rotor. The piston of the caliper came out and was scraping against the rotor. Made the most awful noise. Midas replaced the rotor that was also out of spec and used some kind of $60 'rebuild kit' on the caliper. It fixed the problem so I'm happy.
You mean the piston was pushing against the pad which was rubbing on the rotor, right?

·
Registered
130 Posts
You can buy entire new front calipers and pads from autozone for less then that. Check it out. Also try napa may be more but better quality. I bought some from autozone for my rear and it was pretty good stuff for factory replacement. Brand new calipers and pads for the back were 150. Good Luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.