Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a 2000 GSR, and when I drove it, it seemed to mildly grind gears when shifting into second (and sometimes third). I asked him about it, and he said it has done this since the very first day he owned it (he bought it brand new). He said that he even took it to the dealer to ask about this problem, and was told that this was normal on gsr's.

Does anyone else have any experience with this? It feels to me like the syncro's are going bad, but this is impossible if it did this when new. If I felt this when it WAS brand new, I would have guessed that the syncros haven't broken in yet. But it still does it (to the same extent) and in two different gears. The only other thing I can think of that would do this is the wrong weight of transmission oil was put in, but again, it did this from the factory, and continues to do it now after the oil was changed.

Anyway, does anyone else have this problem, or have any ideas of what the problem is?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
In my RS the second and third gears grind once in a blue moon, but I always blammed it on being a lousy driver.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, this happens pretty consistently, not just on mis-shifts or something. ...And I don't think my friend and I are both that bad at driving

1 - 3 of 3 Posts