Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have been wanting a greddy turbo kit for a while and i am now in the process in saving up for it. everybody knows that the turbo is very restrictive, mostly in the exhaust elbow. i looked at the article on the greddy turbo kit FAQ but the part on the elbow does not work..Look at the bottom the pics don't work so my question is has any one with this kit upgraded their elbow and down pipe, and how much power difference did it make? thanks guys for you help....

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a same question posted, or atleasy I DID post but never showed up. I seem to be having trouble posting ANYTHING AT ALL latley. Anyways this might be the answer to your question, though not sure how it will and if it will work with the AC copressor, I do not have one so in my case I would not worry about it.
Check out this website...
http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/m...oduct_Code=ATP-FLS-023&Category_Code=ATP-FLS1

·
Registered
8,285 Posts
The thing that you're going to notice the most after installing a larger downpipe is a quicker spool.

By the feel of my butt dyno, I was hitting boost quicker and it felt like it pulled a little harder.

3" downpipes and butt dynos FTW.

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
SlowAssGSR on Sep/26/07 said:
I have a same question posted, or atleasy I DID post but never showed up. I seem to be having trouble posting ANYTHING AT ALL latley. Anyways this might be the answer to your question, though not sure how it will and if it will work with the AC copressor, I do not have one so in my case I would not worry about it.
Check out this website...
http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/m...oduct_Code=ATP-FLS-023&Category_Code=ATP-FLS1
because your posts have to be approved!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,714 Posts
I cant crap out a chart, but I can get you a log manifold =)

·
Premium Member
5,714 Posts
Probably has something to do with CARB

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
LightningTeg on Sep/26/07 said:
Probably has something to do with CARB
Anything to back up that claim?

·
Registered
8,285 Posts
mrcool360 on Sep/27/07 said:
ok but would a 3in dp physically fit or would the A/C compressor be in the way?
I doubt a 3" dp would fit. You have to have a crazy wild custom made dowpipe to fit in next to the compressor... I saw a pic of one that a TI member had made, and it looked like it took alot of work to make it barely fit. Let me see if I can find a picture of it...

·
Registered
13,584 Posts
^the DP is restrictive because it is made to be A/C compatible, so it has to be 2.5" to clear everything. I wouldnt go as far as to say the turbo is restrictive because it does exactly what the greddy kit was made for, but if you decide to up the boost, then its time to get something better

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Danny50 on Sep/28/07 said:
^the DP is restrictive because it is made to be A/C compatible, so it has to be 2.5" to clear everything. I wouldnt go as far as to say the turbo is restrictive because it does exactly what the greddy kit was made for, but if you decide to up the boost, then its time to get something better
what kind of numbers am i looking at with the greddy kit? i want to be at least 200hp, 200tq is that going to happen or am i going to need to do some other things to get that much power? i live in cali so i kinda need the CARB what would you say the best CARB kit would be?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Danny50 on Sep/28/07 said:
200whp on your LS is possible, but id say the best CARB exempt kit is the edelbrock kit. But neither the greddy nor edelbrock allow for much tuning on the fuel management included. more or less plug and play
will i get 200whp out of the box or will i have to upgrade my ecu to a hondata s300 or another programmable ecu to tune it with?

·
Registered
324 Posts
i myself started with a greddy kit on my accord (i know not integra related, but will get to thepoint) and depending on if you want to go for a tune you should get 200-210 on stock internals, and minimal fuel tune with the FMU, but... like everyone's said, after you are done with the greddy kit, and played with (i.e killed) the Mustangs for awhile you are going to want more... FI has that affect on people, id say look at piecing a kit together or just going with a full race turbo set-up, from what ive heard they are the best way to go

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.