Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im lookin to get a 2000 GSR soon. And im lookin to turbo it in the future and i narrowed it down to purchasing the greddy kit.

I understand that for the 00-01 gsr, the only option i have to get the greddy kit on my car is to purchase a LS kit and a skunk2 intake manifold.

So basically the questions i have concerning this are:
1.) Is this safe to do considering that i plan to use the blue box provided with the kit...in other words, is it safe on my gsr to have a kit meant for a LS , and a skunk2 IM without additional tuning?
2.) Is there any alternatives to purchasing a skunk2 IM? (Is there a place where i could just buy a longer downpipe, such as a greddy LS downpipe, and just have to purchase a gsr turbo kit)?

I guess my major concern is safety so let me know what my options are...thanks guys!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pertaining to the intake manifold, is it necessary to bore out the throttle body if i go with a itr/b16/skunk2 intake manifold or is it safe to use the stock throttle body?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey i'm about to start shopping for a Turbo kit on my stock 01 GSR.. If you got any additional info please send it to me. And if you could explain to me why the 99 Greddy Turbo kit won't fit on an 01... I didn't think there was much difrence in the 2. Oh and how much whp can i expect with just the GReddy bolt on kit and rest of my engine stock?

·
Registered
103 Posts
integra_papa on Feb/10/06 said:
can buy a itr or b16 intake mani cheap and that way you dont have the get the skunk2 manifold.
the only way you can use an itr/b16 manifold is if you have a b16/itr head. the bolt pattern is different on the gsr head

·
Registered
20 Posts
^ yep, the ITR/B16/LS manifold will NOT fit onto the GSR head.

Save yourself a ton of money and work by simply getting a new coldside chargepipe. The only difference between the two is the LS/Skunk 2 manifolds hold the TB higher up than the the GS-R manifold. For a friends installation we simply used his old Cold Air Intake and attached that to the rest of the piping. If you don't have one, you can get a cold air intake on ebay for like $50.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Hey bro. I have the ls greddy kit on my 00-01 gsr. I have skunk 2 intake manifold. The greddy ls kit will bolt on perfectly. Just make sure you ditch the blue box and convert to obd1. I converted to obd1 with chipped p28 ecu tuned with Crome Pro wideband 02. My car runs like a champ and i love the greddy kit on my gsr. Boost amazing with a great tune and especially when vtec kicks in. I recommend you buy the ls greddy kit and skunk 2 intake mani and everything will bolt on perfectly. Im running the type 31 greddy ic and it bolted perfectly. Also Make sure you upgrade the greddy oil return line or it will leak. I learn from the hard way. I recently experence bad oil leak from the line and i replaced it with Fast Turbo ss braided lines and no more leaks.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
No you have to definately tune it after the install. Trust me bro dont run it untuned or you motor will blow. You can buy the gsr kit but you may need to extend the dp. I have skunk 2 intake mani with itr tb and its well worth the mod. I can hear vtec scream and pull strong after full boost. Good luck with the greddy kit. Im defintely satified with the kit.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I understand that for the 00-01 gsr, the only option i have to get the greddy kit on my car is to purchase a LS kit and a skunk2 intake manifold.

So basically the questions i have concerning this are:
1.) Is this safe to do considering that i plan to use the blue box provided with the kit...in other words, is it safe on my gsr to have a kit meant for a LS , and a skunk2 IM without additional tuning?
2.) Is there any alternatives to purchasing a skunk2 IM? (Is there a place where i could just buy a longer downpipe, such as a greddy LS downpipe, and just have to purchase a gsr turbo kit)?

I guess my major concern is safety so let me know what my options are...thanks guys!
[/QUOTE]

Buying the skunk 2 manifold with the LS kit is one option. OR you can just get the gsr kit but you would need to extend the downpipe by 4-6inches because its too short. Bring it to a exhaust/muffler shop and they will cut and extend the pipe for you. Option 2 would be cheaper i guess.

Might as well get a larger downpipe while youre at it too...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.