Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok everything is wired in just like the maual says. i know something is wrong because i put a 4 pound spring in and went for a test drive and as i eased on the accelerator the boost was steadily climbing over 10psi. it's like it isn't opening the wategate at all. if anyone could help i'd appreciate. i've searched for many hours each day for the past week almost. if anyone could help me out i'd appreciate it. i'd also like to know what settings you have yours on, "gain" "set gain" "boost set". also if anyone know exactly how the "gain" and "set gain" works and where is a good place to set these options, that would be awesome.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on i know someone on here uses this EBC. i've also read a thread on here where people where arguing you can't boost more than double the spring rating(ie. 4psi spring goes to 8psi max with EBC. well right now i can go from 4 to like 20 psi. i really need some help or input on anything.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I just ordered mine today, but I've been reading up a lot...there was a post on honda tech that made some sense, though I obviously haven't tried it yet.

And I quote:

"I've had one for a while and I really like. Your absolutely right though it's hard as hell to setup until you know what your doing. Unfortunately it took me a while. Here's some info off the top of my head though
Start Boost - what psi or kpa do you want he waste gate to start opening. This should be set as close to max boost as possible. The problem is that boost is set in % start boost is in psi or kpa.

% or boost - % of waste gate - at 100% your going to bleed off all the pressure the waste gate would be seeing. At 0% wastegate see's all the boost. Raising this will give you more boost because your bleeding off more boost through the controller. It's actually a more exact way of controlling boost because spring rates are going to vary according to the wastegate.

Gain - From what I understand this is the rate at which the controller bleeds off the boost that the wastegate sees. For example start boost is set at 6psi max at 7 psi. This means that the controller will start to open the wastegate at 6psi and vary the amount it opens the gate until 7psi. Now the gain sets the ratio of boost bleed off. High gain means it keeps bleeding off a lot of boost until it aproaches max boost then opens the gate all the sudden. This can cause boost spikes because the gate is open fast enough to release the exhaust gases that spool the turbo. Low gain in the opposite opens the wastegate right away. Perfect is somewhere in the middle.

I hope that helps. It's kind of long winded but what can you do."

So yea....word.

·
Registered
142 Posts
thanks.. it helps me out too because i just bought the boost controller along with my turbo kit and a bunch of other goodies. knowing before i have the problem is very helpfull to me :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
edit: This is for a Greddy E-01 but options for setting seems similar.

I am playing around with mine as well and these are my settings for now.
Speed meter pulse is set to 4p.
Manual mode boost low set 14.7psi.
Manual mode boost high set 18psi.
Start boost 11.9psi (book recommends 2.8psi lower than start).
Gain 20 (I am in the process of brreaking in the motor so I have yet to play with all the settings to see the effects).
No overtake.
Waiting on tuning before setting duty.

Change the backlight and contrast. It helps quite a bit.
Hope you guys post more info as you learn. There's probably going to be a big learning curve on this one.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i've figured out so much about this controller in the last couple of days. hard to setup, VERY HARD. but i've got 3 settings right now. OFF is 4psi, LO is 6.5 psi, and HI is 9 psi. gains and start boost are set differently according to the boost you are running. if anyone needs some info. on this controller i will be glad to help you out or guide you along the decision making process of which EBC to buy. pm me or leave a post.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts