Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a greddy catback exhaust system and i drive an acura integra rs 1997, i was wondering if the catback whould pass emmissions or do i have to put my old stock back on?

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
why wouldnt it? do u have a cat?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
is there a carb sticker on the exhaust tip?

if there is... then it will pass.. i would check with greddy to be sure that it is legal in ur state, some state requires aftermarket parts to be carb exempt.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have a Greddy EVO and an AEM CAI and I passed emissions two months ago here in California.

flip.

·
Registered
239 Posts
the snake is there to scare off those nosy SMOG techs.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
tegRS97 on Feb/03/04 said:
i also have a CAI, will that pass emissions also?
Does your CAI havea carb sticker? if not most please won't do a smog check for you ,I have a aem cai as well as a dc header ,I passed

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
then u get to send me ur teg....
lol.. jk depends on where you take it to be smog, some place wont charge you if you dont pass.. some will charge you wether u pass or not..and some will make you pass even if you are running str8 header with no intake manifold

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
When I had my last teg, I didn't take it to the inspection station I just took it to a mechanic I know, and he gave me a new sticker for like 34$

Since I'm in NJ this applies good to having certain % of tint on windows, ride height, and other kinds of "non-stock" mods because the law here states you'll fail inspection for things like that.

Just my two cents.

Also, the inspection station around where I live seems to have no conern for cars, and when they throw it on those rollers, it can suck for lowered vehicles.
And finally to reply to the original thread, anything after the Cat wont get you in trouble (not unless theres nothing there but a cat. haha.. ok im done.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
here in oregon if blue smoke doesnt come out the tailpipe and you've got 4 wheels, you're probably ok.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Check out the rules in your state. In MA, I know that people, including cops, inspection personnel say that any aftermarket exhaust is ILLEGAL. This doesn't really make sense because there are custom muffler shops, one in particular that has like 5 locations within like 30 minutes of each other. They must be making money right? How else can they expand like this. Don't tell me all the cars that go there are the cars that are "vintage or whatever" and doesn't have to pass emissions... That's the safest way...

Actually... goto a inspection station and ask them. I actually asked a cop (@ dunkin donuts... lol) and he's the one that said "ANY aftermarket exhaust is illegel... if I can hear it, it's illegal."

1 - 20 of 20 Posts