Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i own a 98 type R and i have found a great deal on a greddy turbo kit and intercooler kit for a gsr. I was wondering if it will fit and work fine on my type R. Are there any mods that i have to do such as new piping or anything of that nature. Does anyone run a similar set up in cali or know of someone i can talk to. I would love to buy this kit becuase its smog legal and its only 1400 total. Please help me out and let me know. and if you know a shop that will install in northern cali that also uses and sells hondata s200 or s300 let me know thanks brishen

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will that be the oNLY difference. And how much would it cost to have one made for my type R.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Ummmm, talk to GSRevo about your situation. I think he is boosted and in cali. You might have a problem with the Hondata come inspection time cause you have to convert to OBD1 and I don't know if that passes cali inspection. I THINK the charge pipe is the only thing different. And maybe how long the downpipe is that connects to the exhaust. Because the length of the GSr cat could be diferent cause of the years. What year is the kit for? 94-99or 00-01?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
The downpipe that comes with the kit SHOULD be the same, but there is an article on here about the length differences between particular years and models of DC2 chassis. You may have to modify the downpipe to fit.

If the kit doesn't come with the injectors, start looking for some, and DO NOT use the DSM 450 option for this kit.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
i have 2000 gsr with greddy kit. Yes you need the ls kit to make it bolt on. I i have skunk 2 intake manifold on my 2000 gsr and the ls greddy kit bolted on perfectly. I am also obd 1 converted and will have problem with smog.

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
I would not get a GSR Greddy Kit, because the intake piping and the charge piping will be different, and no it will not fit, you will need new intercooler piping and it will be a waste of money.

IF you really want to go greddy kit route, the LS kit will be a better choice, the piping for the intercooler will be an exact fit, and the downpipe might be adjustment depending on the cat length in your specific model.

So if you have the same cat length as an LS, and the same cat back length, than you are all set, and the LS kit will fit.

Aside from fitment I would also recommend using an alternative to the greddy blue box for fuel management.

A good choice is the Greddy E-Manage since it is something that is adjustable, and can be used with OBD2 to retain smog legallity.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.