5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, here are 2 movie clips (~350K in size) that record me driving in LOW RPMs

clip one

clip two

·
Registered
594 Posts
It does sound great (and even greater with a VTEC car) and looks great too . It's on my list .
I assume you bought the 60mm one? Have you noticed any low-rpm power loss?

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MrNiceGuy- i did not notice any low-rpm power loss with the 60mm piping.

Flyin- i was probably doing around 35.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
MrNiceGuy on Sep/29/02 said:
I assume you bought the 60mm one? Have you noticed any low-rpm power loss?
60mm is the only size the EVO comes in. Greddy's listing of 60-70mm only means it steps up to 70mm at the muffler.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hmm i thought they offered 2 sizes to better suit NA and FI applications.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I still haven't been able to find anything that is equal or better than the sound of a Tenabe Racing Medallion. I'd get one, except for the fact that I don't like the muffler look at all. Feh. If only HKS made a catback super dragger for Gen III's.

·
Registered
708 Posts
S on Sep/29/02 said:
I still haven't been able to find anything that is equal or better than the sound of a Tenabe Racing Medallion.
go listen to the new SKunk2 Exhaust...its only realy made for integras and civics. japanese design, nice muffler....cost about 500$ deepest thign ive ever herd!

·
Registered
127 Posts
not bad i wanna hear it at WOT tho

·
Registered
655 Posts
Elements on Sep/29/02 said:
for the people who own the EVO,how do you like it
It looks good directly from the back... but kinda from the side and stuff looks a little bulky. Very reliable thus far. Low growl/hum at idle and easy accleration, but at wide open throttle, it can be heard quite a distance away. It will scream at you, but it will never sound high pitched or like a "weed wacker/lawnmower". It keeps a deep sound to it. Performance wise, I have not noticed a power loss anywhere on the band. However, higher up in the RPM (4500-5000 and up) I notice an increase in power. However this is all on the butt dyno, and how it feels. Don't have any hard evidence it's doing anything.

·
Registered
594 Posts
How about rusting or vibrations in the interior of the car ? Any owner noticed anything?

·
Registered
655 Posts
no rust anywhere on the system at all. muffler has none and along the pipes at the resonator and at all the bolt "joints" there is none as well.

there was a slight vibration at first, however it was the heat shield and not the Greddy. I think the heat shield vibrating is common with most aftermarket exhaust. You can either "reshape" or bend the shield or I just removed mine completely. There are a couple of smaller shields as well (one directly above the cat). Best thing to do is jack it up or take it to a shop with a lift (where I purchased my exhaust) and have a friend rev light and hard to find the spot. Best to wait until AFTER the car has cooled down to remove anything though. Risk burning yourself or stripping a bolt (easier when hot).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts