Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out this thread on Autopia It has a great video on how to use a clay bar on your car. I think that people don't clay their car because they don't know how to. If you haven't ever felt the difference between a clayed car and a non clayed car, then you seriously don't know what you are missing. Check it out.

·
Super Moderator
14,193 Posts
Jngrbrdman on Sep/07/02 said:
If you haven't ever felt the difference between a clayed car and a non clayed car, then you seriously don't know what you are missing. Check it out.
I'll agree with that, its awesome.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
The link doesn't work anymore guys. I'd love to see the video, as I just picked up the supplies to really detail my car this weekend. If no-one can find, considering it's been two years, just let me know it isn't being hosted anymore. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
I find it pointless to polish/seal/wax your car unless you clay it AT LEAST 2x a year. The paint is truly clean and smooth.

·
Registered
500 Posts
i agree that claying is awesome. i used it on my teg and it gives your finish a really slick glassy feel compared to the roughness of a non clayed car.

·
Registered
536 Posts
someone host the video, or i will for a day or two... i wanna see it cuz i just got some clay magic from mr. UPS today :>

·
Registered
526 Posts
It's very straight forward. People are just scared of the unknown. I had a rough idea about it and that's it. I followed the instructions on the claybar kit. I did it about 3 weeks ago. It was so awesome.

I had only washed the car first. After claybaring the car, the paint was smooth as if waxed. And I was still gonna wax it.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
lilsho2k4 on May/10/04 said:
there is no reason for the i cant see sh*t there is no pics in the post and that is starting to get old to
Sorry...I just can't stop laughing! It is kinda funny. I could start using a different one if you like?

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
I know it is done easily enough, I actually tested it on my hood last night. I understand the basics, one of our sponsors, Premium Auto Care(free plug) has an article on the site on how to use a clay bar kit. I just wanted to see the video to see the approximate size and shape of the clay piece that the Detailing Guru uses. The difference claying makes is incredible. I clayed about a 1'x1' section of the hood last night to see the difference and it just amazes me how rough my car was before.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts