Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a friend with a civic who had an apexi n1, later on he removed the n1 muffler section and bolted on a spoon sport exaust. with no welding whatsoever.

since my muffler section is damaged on my n1 can i do the same? Anybody have any other options than just replacing the muffler section with the same n1 or buying a whole new system?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
If just the muffler is damaged... then all you have to do is get a muffler that is made to fit your car and bolt it right on. I'm assuming you have a full cat back system. The cat back system should have the same length and shape as the factory b-pipe... so bolting on another muffler should be any trouble. If you have a b-pipe designed for dragging (as straight as possible... doesn't follow the factory shape at all, they usually come down the middle and the muffler is mounted at an angle) then you will have to do some welding to put a regular muffler back on.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response silverteg you where very helpful, i appreciate it. As for the Apex-i n1 b pipe, it looks like it does pretty much follow the factory b pipe although the muffler does come out at an angle. Which is pretty funny because apexi markets is n1 exhaust has "minimal bends and the straightest possible piping". Any difference in B pipe routing from stock was imperceptable. It follows the stock route and go's to the side and up and over the rear axle. I'll probobly try bolting another muffler on; but if need how would i go about welding. would a muffler shop do it? is it possible to do it myself?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
i'd highly suggest that you take it to a muffler shop unless you have proper welding equipment and a few years of experience. A muffler shop will definately do it for relatively cheap. Just call around and price shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts