Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else out there ever has a problem retaining oil in thier engine? Every time I check my oil it would be lower than the previous week. I keep adding it in but it still gets lower. There are no leaks anywhere, my car runs fine......Any idea of what would cause the loss of oil?...

·
Registered
865 Posts
Are you driving hard? High revs often? I go through 2 to 3 qaurts between oil changes on my 95 GSR when driving city. Calm unspirited highway I barely lose a drop.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
same thing happens to me, and i rev hard!

·
Registered
389 Posts
my teg burns it so cleanly, i passed maryland smog with higher than acceptable numbers:)

and i do an oil change every 900- 1000 miles. its sick.
im running 20W 50 oil also.

i DRIVE VERY VERY HARD.

·
Registered
428 Posts
use AMSOIL, the inventers of synthetic, sweet stuff, doesnt burn off between oil changes like mobil 1 does! it the shiznit.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
Amsoil = mucho $$$$, where to find it?

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
if his piston rings fried, he'd burn out and be smoking.

is your car smoking??

·
Registered
302 Posts
ExtremeGSRteg on Aug/31/02 said:
pistion rings may be fried. u need to go check them out
if your rings are shot your car would be doing more than just smoking lots of times they can't compress right and the engine dosent run very well

·
Registered
392 Posts
if his rings are fried, it does affect the performance but its still driveable and it will also cause the oil to burn really quickly and black smoke will be coming out of the exaust. "Fugged"?

·
Registered
5 Posts
It must be a B18C1 thing. I use a lot of oil when run hard. My son's B16A2 Civic SI doesn't lose a drop and he runs hard too. I haven't heard of a cure for it. I just keep an eye on my oil level and I buy oil in the 5 quart jugs at Walmart. (Way cheaper than Schucks).
My compression is 220+ on all four and leakdown is 7 percent or less on all four also. But that 7 percent is coming out of the oil dipstick tube, (blowby).

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Heh pistons moving fast heh heh heh heh.. Well what else do pistons do =\ I'm kidding GSR juss givn' you a hard time.. Boy do i wish i had a GSR ...

Burning up the oil like that can be normal if you're going nuts reving

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Wow...I thought my car had problems but it seems like everybody has this oil burning problem. I do notice I lose oil if I drive her hard...phew! Now that's a relief...I've been tryin to figure it out ever since I got her

1 - 20 of 28 Posts