Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea so i was following my best friend back from this other kids house in my teg like an hour ago, and we both went around this 15 mph blind curve, and there was a pickup sitting in the middle of the road. i stopped quick, he stopped quicker, and i went into the back of his '01 jetta. no damage to my car, but the screws holding my liscense plate scratched up his bumper pretty bad. its like down to the metal i think. looks like im gonna have to pay for it too, cause neither of us is gonna claim it on insurance.... so i guess im wondering how much it would be to touch up or completely paint a rear bumper (those of you with body kits can help im sure)... but yea we were both pretty pissed and what sucks more is that the guy in the pickup just looks at us and takes off. M-F'er.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I got 360 dollars for my rear bumper when someone ran into it and messed it up really bad, it couldnt be repaird, the cost was to buy a whole new bumper and re-paint it

And to get a new internal bumper (the bumper BEHIND the bumper, whatever its called)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks... i dont think he has to replace it, just like have a body shop buff out the scratches and prime and repaint like two 1"x2" areas

·
Registered
57 Posts
Here in toronto, my friend painted his bumper for his car and cost around $300 canadian dollars. But I'm not sure if it depends on the type of car or colour although I don't think it would make a diff. Her car was a RSX by the way.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea so i didnt notice this last night because it was dark out, but the paint on the front of my car is all cracked now, most likely because the bumper flexed and the paint did not. its all wrinkled and cracked under the headlights and the so now it looks like im paying for painting a jetta rear bumper and a integra front bumper... how much do you think paintin the front would be?

·
Registered
879 Posts
I would assume about $200 a bumper. Could be more. They cant just paint a 1" x 2" section of the bumper they have to paint the whole thing.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
How I wish I didn't know this. Cost to replace and paint a teg rear bumper (plus replace styrofoam under bumper): $800 to $900. [Paint and labor to paint bumper was something like $160-170.]

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok get this.. my buddy just IM'ed me and told me that he called in the estimate to the dealer and they quoted him $476 to fix two pretty deep scratches in the back

EDIT: i think hes trying to eff me over and get a whole new bumper

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Cjanik on Sep/08/02 said:
I got 360 dollars for my rear bumper when someone ran into it and messed it up really bad, it couldnt be repaird, the cost was to buy a whole new bumper and re-paint it

And to get a new internal bumper (the bumper BEHIND the bumper, whatever its called)
the part behind the plastic is the bumper the plastic is the bumper cover

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im pretty sure thats ok, i only hit him at like 5 mph, maybe a little more... its really really minor

i think it could be fixed with some fiberglass but idk ive never really done any body work

·
Registered
603 Posts
go to a place you trust and ask how much they will do it for, CASH on the table.

i know a place that do good work and they give me good deals when you pay cash.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
does anyone know how much the metal bumper reinforcement would cost to replace? i was in a little bit worse of an accident and think i need a new one. the insurance should cover it, so about what would the price be from the dealer?

·
Registered
134 Posts
dx316dx316 on Sep/08/02 said:
Here in toronto, my friend painted his bumper for his car and cost around $300 canadian dollars. But I'm not sure if it depends on the type of car or colour although I don't think it would make a diff. Her car was a RSX by the way.
Just curious...why did you switch from "his" to "hers" in your post? Did your friend hit a girl in an RSX?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts