Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a job now and a stock 1993 Acura Ls in excellent condition with 90,000 miles on it for 2,500. Well, now that I have free money what should it go into. I already got a Deck with 4 really nice speakers. But what do I need performance wise. I want to make my car a sleeper. No real noticable outside apperance stuff. Wheels and some emblem changing. No spoilers or body kits. By the way my car is the color white. Im thinking I should go down to the junk yard and pick up some GSR or Special Edition Rimms for cheap. But Really plan out the future of my car, as I would like to have something better than my peers.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
"As I would like to have something better than my peers"

Well then throw a B18C5 in it and you would definatly be the envy of many more than just your peers. But the engine in in right now seems to be in good shape so if your lookin for some speed, Turbo it!!

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Michael Delaney on Sep/09/02 said:
I have an engine. I want to go faster than everyone. I have $1000. help me.
Really......I want to go fast too mike!!!

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
roundle on Sep/09/02 said:
Open a Roth IRA :)

Way to moderate, Mike
way to post ***** rundle. first you make a smartass comment and then question a comment made by someone who has posted countless articles and posts that actually do more than troll and actually help people.

and to the person that started this topic, take a look at the articles, look around on the performance forum, and do a search on some parts. and if you still have a question than ask. try doing a little work and learning this on your own, it will be much more beneficial to you than just having it spoonfed.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
I just want to make sure that I understand the jist of the question.

It's so broad that I don't even know where to start. The answer would be a short novel.

Sorry man but you'll have to be more specific.

Start with what is your performance goal (like a hp number, track time, or whatever) and then tell us your budget. Then maybe we can have something to work with. But if you read your post, it's like the most broadest, vaguest unanswerable question I've ever seen here.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
As for the Roth IRA: That was sound advice; the Roth IRA—introduced during the tax relief act of 1997—isn’t going to be around much longer and once you get one, it’ll be grand-fathered (i.e. you’ll have it for life)

As for you, hootb18, I think you’re a super guy and I can appreciate your intentions but I have trouble accepting your abilities as a moderator: you’re rarely impartial, most always condescending, and then you go ahead and spout off profanities. Nice, man, real nice.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
As for the Roth IRA: That was sound advice; the Roth IRA—introduced during the tax relief act of 1997—isn’t going to be around much longer and once you get one, it’ll be grand-fathered (i.e. you’ll have it for life)

As for you, hootb18, I think you’re a super guy and I can appreciate your intentions but I have trouble accepting your abilities as a moderator: you’re rarely impartial, most always condescending, and then you go ahead and spout off profanities. Nice, man, real nice.
yeah it was sound advice... if he was talking to a financial advisor. unfortantly he was asking about his car. and for you to question mikes actions while giving a meaningless post yourself, well i just find that rediculous.

and as for my abilities as a moderator i say that i try to be impartial and not condescending. and just to let you know, with the comments that i have seen of your lately, i take your last post with a grain of salt. i respect people who respect me. i even try to do it when people dont respect me. but there is a line.....

·
Registered
636 Posts
Ok, now that we are done arguing like little children why don't we get back on topic.

Spa, a once over of the Articles section and a little more info like amount of money you want to spend, goals for your car, what you plan on doing (racing, autox) etc.. would help everyone out A LOT in giving you a little advice. Your question is too broad and infact unanswerable without the proper information provided.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
My apologies; I'm being ridiculous.
no kidding.

condascension comes with the expectation that we knew you could have done better and knowing you weren't trying....

condascension and profanities comes with the knowledge that the person posting is wasting everyone's time and basically trolling...

moderator means to moderate...to step in...and get the thread back on topic or to cut off meaningless wasteful conversations or stop skirmishes or flaming or freeload advertising or racism....it means to focus the conversation. this question by a 16 yr old who is just starting and has a limited budget needs focus and you aren't helping.

if anything, when you are on a limited budget it is more important to get the best bang for your buck and that takes knowing details. The question is vague. Let's get it back on track shall we? if you have nothing more to add than your less than brilliant IRA idea, then can we move on?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok I want to go fast. But I want to spend 1k or under. I understand no2 is cheap and effecient but not practical because it tears the engine up, correct me if I am wrong. No other goals although I have looked into alot of other things. Like would a type-r steering wheel fit onto my car. I just basically want to make it not look fast on the outside, what they call a sleeper.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
hey you want to go fast with a 1000 bucks eh`? well your question is still very broad, i think we can help on a small scale without your intentions given...you can build your own turbo from 900-1000 dollars and by the time you finish(on spare time) you will most likely have enough money to spend on your engines internals, don't know lot about this, but mike d does, so this would be my step if i had a grand.
or youcan slap a couple NOS sticker on and one of those fake front mount intercoolers....lol, why would you do that? wow, i'm bored!

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
alright your questions still need alot more information before we can help you correctly. first i would suggest that you take a look at the articles. go to the performance section and just start reading the articles. your gonna learn so much from that, that you will see where we keep saying, "need more info".

some of the reasons we need more info is this. 1)what do you plan to use your car for, autox, drag, dailydriver, track car, etc. 2)with only a thousand dollars its really hard to make your car fast.
3)do you want to go turbo (way more than a grand), do you want to go sc(ditto), N/A (same thing), nitrous, or do you just want some mild bolt ons?? 4)if you only want to spend a grand then mild bolt ons or nitrous are probably your best route.

if you only plan on spending a grand then nitrous or mild bolt ons is probably your only option. eventhough that is still going to be more than a 1000.

basically what im sayin is that if you do some work, look around on this site, then you are going to have a much better idea at want you want and be able to make a much more informed decision and ask much better questions that we can actually help you with and answer. remember you are the one putting up the money, not us, so dont you want to be completly informed about what you are spending all of your hard earned cashola on?? also you might want to think about not buying everything at the same time, but putting a SYSTEM (i stress that word and you will understand why i didnt in the articles) together piece by piece.
alex

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
but hoot do you agree that he can build a turbo for a grand and by the time he is finished, he should have enough money for his bolt-ons and also internal work...in spare time he should build a turbo in the span of a month or two...he cold buy everything in different times and put it all on at one time.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
well ill leave that question up to the F/I guys more because honestly i really dont know that much about turbo's. i always thought it would cost more than a grand for a turbo setup (i know not a kit) and everything you would need to make it reliable. alot more than a grand actually, but like i said i dont know that much so i very well could be wrong.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts