Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, well last night at about 12:30 I was driving home going 45 in a 30 and of course I get pulled over by a cop. I read some things on the net about what to do when you get pulled over, and I told the truth and everything, but still I end up with a 4 point speeding ticket. I already have 2 points on my license and this will make it 6, and you are only allowed 4 when your 16, so I have to take this to court, plead not guilty, and beat it. Anyone have any suggestions for me on what I should do in order to beat this? Thanks all, wish me luck...

·
Registered
481 Posts
well what did u do that was 4 points? 45 in a 30 i dont think that is 4 so u must of been doin something else were you racing or had a suspended liscence or anything?

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
15 over isnt 4 points...atleast not here..i dont think

you're 16? i dont think 16 year olds are alowd to be out driving from 12-5am...

no idea tho...you had to have been doin somthin pretty serious to net 4 points.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I realize your situation, and the consequences you're facing, but you have to realize that TI isn't about beating the law. You have to realize the consequences of your actions before you act, so that you don't get yourself in over your head, and are scrambling to get yourself out of it. You told the truth and got ticketed. Theres really no way to talk yourself out of this ticket now. But good luck with it! Tickets suck.

Posts about beating the law get locked at TI.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
You wont ever fight a speeding ticket and win.. Sorry dude. I used to live in colorado though, and I dont doubt for a minute that 15 over is 4 points. Colorado is crazy when it comes to speeding.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats all I was doing was going 45 in a 30, nothing else. He said he didnt care about me being out passed curfew, but he said I was lucky for not giving me a wreckless driving ticket for going that fast. Yup I got a 4 point for going 45 in a 30.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
4 points here for speeding is 30-35mph over the posted limit.
I know because Ive gotten one before hahahaha..

Basically, Id go to your states website, look up the statutes related to speeding, and check. If its 4 points, for 15mph over, than its 4 points and youre SOL, if its not, when ya go to court just talk to the prosecutor before your turn to go up and see if they can knock it down.

But, realistically, Ive never heard of 4 points for 15mph over in any state. I mean, hell, you only get 2 points here for driving in the wrong direction on the street (which is way more dangerous than 15mph in the RIGHT direction lol)

good luck

- Josh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.