Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my friend got me an awsome turbo for free from the kunkyard off of a volvo... I beleave it's the Mitsubishi TD04H... anyone know if that's a good turbo to get for a B18B?

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
kinda a small turbo, all depends on what kinda power you want to make, and what else the setup will consist of. With everything matched properly itd be a nice power adder, and a pretty nice powerband.

Just so you know, when you get into a FI setup, the turbo is the last of your concerns.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the first place, I can't tell what kind of turbo it is. IS it a T3, T4, or a T3/T4 hybrid? What's the A/R on that? I'm looking for something with a decently small turbo lag, my objective is around 3/4k rpms to get full boost if possible. I plan to run about 10 psi

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Here are the problems with junkyard turbos: they are usually too small for a real performance setup, they are usually worn out and require a rebuild shortly after isntallation, and you have to spend lots of extra cash getting custom manifolds and downpipes for the turbo to fit.

By the time you buy a manifold and have a custom flange cut and welded, and do the same for the downpipe, you could have bought a larger trim t3/4 that still has the spool characteristics you want, along with more topend power, that will fit with fewer headaches.

·
Registered
273 Posts
They are okay if you don't plan too much power with it. We made a custom kit for b18b civic back in 98 with a volvo t3 and some generic manifold. It wasn't too bad. It lasted a good 6 months before crapping out. If you want to make good power and go fast you need to spend the money to do it right. There's not a whole lot you can do for building a budget turbo setup if u want something that runs good and reliable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.