Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Dispite the buying the 540i, I want to keep the Integra and use it as a project car. Still love that thing. I hate the coilovers, I want to go lowering springs and good shocks to get the best ride ever, stock like. Is it possible with lowered rides? I want a smooth ride.

Help?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Dude, I'm telling you, you'll like my suggestion:

Eibach Pro-Kit W/ Bilstein Sport sturts/shocks.

I know many on this site will hate it, but I'm going to go ahead and tell you to check out www.shox.com (they'll beat everyones prices).

Eibach prolines aren't really low; they're designed for practical performance. Bilstein (BMW/Porsche OEM shocks)are great quality, perform consistenly (great cooling keeps them consistent and lasting a long time).
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Damn, a 540 for a daily driver
and an integra as a project car.

NICE. Thats big. Glad to see you. Haven't seen you around here in awhile.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
roundle --
People tell me to get koni yellow's, I want at least 2.5"- 3.0" drop.

BlueTeg --

Anyone else have suggestions?

·
Registered
83 Posts
just get neuspeed race springs and some tokico blues for a stock feel

·
Registered
708 Posts
neuspeed race tokico illumina 5 way adjustable..end of this thread

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okay, i have like fifty guys giving me different things :) Which is the BEST ? Someone that have it?

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
how much do you want to drop it. Do you care more about looks or performance??

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
That's not a very practical drop. 3 inch drop sounds a bit too ricey (for me): not at all practical for daily driving, especially where you are (north).
Bilsteins are totally unique in their ability to keep handling consistent: when you start bouncing around, carving, or whatever, the Bilsteins don't heat up and become soft. Moreover, their exposed monotubes not only keeps them cool for performance reasons, staying cool helps to keep them in 100% working order for well over 100K miles because, as we know, heat kills stuff, dead.
If you want the look, go with whatever, it's all the same to me. However, if you want a practical daily setup that will perform and outlast your timing belt (60K miles), get the Eibachs and Bilstein sports.

·
Registered
634 Posts
how much are bilstein btw?? im going to do my suspension soon and my car is going to be a daily driver.. i know im getting eibach pro-kit but i need to compliment that..

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I'm not quite sure that the Bilstiens will be able to handle the drop you are talking about. I've been told a 2 inch drop is pretty much the max for the Bilstiens and even then they are near thier limits and can bottom out easily. I think Bilstiens would work well with the Eibach's but it looks like zigga would not be happy with the drop they provide. I have done a lot of research into this topic, contacted several companies, and everyone I have talked to, without exception, has said go with the Koni Yellows if you are dropping 2 inches or more. I've concluded that a set-up of Neuspeed Race springs (or something similar) and Koni Yellows provide the best looks (in my opinion) and performance of anything short of a true coilover set-up. This is the set-up I plan on getting possibly by the end of the summer, but I've got school to pay for so we'll see.
Zigga I don't know your financial situation or anything but if you are driving a new 540 I assume you have some money to spend (or maybe you just spent it all
). In that case I would recommend you look into a true coilover system such as Zeal or Tein, which would not be that much more expensive than a Koni Yellow set-up, and provide superior performance as well as the adjustability factor which is always useful. Hope that is helpful.
You are not very likely to get at least a 3 inch drop with springs and shocks. The only thing I can think of is maybe Sprint springs which I hear are 2.5 inches (although provide questionable performance) and then getting the Yellows and lowering the adj. perch all the way down. You pretty much have to go coilovers and even then a 3 inch drop is usually the max.
Oh and Sonic, I think Bilstiens runs about 420 on Modacar but I assume they can be had for slightly less if you look hard enough.

·
Registered
708 Posts
surfer....tell my why bilstein and koni will crap all over neuspeed and tokico..then maybe he will have some real answers, cause they seem to be the big hitters...i think its prefrence, and they both are good. but, to each his own...

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
bullsh*t. tokico illuminas are right up there with koni yellows etc.

I say get the neuspeed race which will give you a 2" drop with some koni yellows which will let you adjust the height +/- .5". It would be absolutely perfect for your application in every way. You want a 2.5" drop, you got it. You want performance, you DEFINATELY got it with that pair. You need clearance in winter, you can put it up slightly when you need it with the yellows. They will even match, yellow and yellow. You couldn't ask for better.

·
Registered
68 Posts
So many different poeple will have different opinions. From what I've tried and used, you probably don't want to go any lower than a 1.5" drop if you want it to feel like a stock ride. But Kaumil if your making a "project car" out of your teg. Why not slam it? I'm puttin H&R Race springs with KYB AGX struts. That will tuck all four wheels and it rides really good. It depends on what your looking for. Everyone will have a different opinion. Let me know what your looking for. I'm really trying to come down for the next TO meet. So I can hook you up with an amazing price if you let me know.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts