Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone! I just purchased a used 1999 Integra SE. Can someone please tell me what brands are good for exhaust systmes and mufflers. Also, I live in the Toronto GTA area and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good REALIABLE shop that won't rip you off! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
My first piece of advice would be to head to the ontario local scene. Then go to shop reviews. Second, I currently have a MBRP (Canadian company)cat-back exhaust, that gives me both the quality of build, and good tone that I wanted.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Welcome to TI. Try searching through our extensive Articles section to find a lot of useful info that may help you out. There's already quite a few articles on Exhaust Systems and from reading through those you will be able to make an educated decision on your own as to what you want as far as sound,performance gains etc. Also take a peek at These Forum Guidelines, your title of HELP, IM A NOOB! isnt what we generally like to see as titles. Try keeping it pertaining to what you are posting about, thanks and enjoy your stay!

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Welcome aboard...

Now, your question is too open-ended to give you an answer. Don't shop by brand when it comes to modifying your car. Each part works together as a system. I highly (and I mean highly) suggest you read some of the articles on this site to help you decide what you're looking for. Also, do an exhaust search here...you're bound to find plenty of info there as well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks so much for the info. I'm sorry about not following the rules for posting. I didn't quite get to the "rules" part of this page since I was so interested in reading other people's post. But I will definitely follow all your suggestions and see where it leads me to. Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have had my GReddy EVO for about 2 years now and have had very good luck with it. I would definetly buy one again.

As for shops, try checking out online deals like groupbuycenter.

·
Registered
444 Posts
ive got the tenabe hyper medallion cat back, real sweet tone, i could tell some power addition, stainless front to rear, looks sweet also!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
i'm not a pro or anything so this is probably a question that should be directed to MD (probably already has so sorry if it has)

i've always been under the assumption that companies that manufacture complete exhausts (header and cat back) design their systems to provide optimum performace when their complete system is installed.

for example on my car I have a DC 4-1 header and their cat-back system with a Hi-Flow cat in the middle.

Say i had the same setup with a Borla Cat-Back instead of the DC parts, would that change performance at all, and if so, would it be noticeable?

Also tubing diameter has an effect from what i understand.

man, i am opening cans of worms left and right here... should have listened to cheezthis about this being open-ended... well i'll leave it at this and see what it stirs up.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Here's a mantra to live by:
Brand name means absolutely NOTHING.

The design specs of the parts you buy are what matters. Do your research on what specs your system should have for your desired power goal, powerband location, budget, etc. Then all you have to do is find company's whose product specs match your needs.

"pairing xyz company's header w/ their exhaust will yield max gains"----> is exactly what some of these companies want you to think.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nothing sounds better than the mugen twinloop exhaust.. except the $2200 price tag

·
Registered
408 Posts
another one to check out that just recently came out is that skunk2 megapower exhaust that's made by RS*R. they have a really good reputation, and it looks amazing as well. anyone have an opinion on it?

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I have Comptech's 304 SS, catback.. very impressive exhaust system.. excellent quality and beautiful sound!

I purchased it from a Canadian company called TracRacingParts
Located in Montreal, check them out!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have an A'PEXi N-1 Cat back exhaust and its awesome. It sounds great, looks great, and is very high quality

1 - 14 of 14 Posts