Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never used Sylvania Silverstars but I'm thinking about giving them a shot in 9006 form for the lowbeams.

I was looking at my Pepboys flyer and saw a coupon. It reads, "Coupon Special! Sylvania SilverStar High Performance Lighting Capsules" "16.88 twin pack coupon price" but final price is "10.88 twin pack after mail-in rebate with coupon"

I don't know if it applies to all regions that pepboys is in but I just wanted to let ya'll guys know.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NOOO! Must head to pepboys immediately!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
haha, good luck! that's an awesome price for silverstars. doesn't matter where you get them, if they're silverstars than they're silverstars. there's no generic version of silverstars. i got 4 silverstar bulbs off ebay for $52 shipped :)

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guess what?
I went in there, got my silverstars (two pack of 9006). Went to the cash register, I was like, I have a coupon for them. She said okay. Typed in 16.88 for the price. Total was like $18 and change. I was like cool, can I have a rebate coupon? She got me one, $6 Mail in.

I'm sort of waiting for my stock bulbs to burn out.

·
Registered
698 Posts
"I'm sort of waiting for my stock bulbs to burn out."

Don't wait, put em in and chuck those stock bulbs. When I got my 9006's, I was amazed at the improvement in visibility.They have a very crisp light compared to other halogen bulbs. I love them. Now I just need to run down to Pep Boys tomorrow to get my 9005's

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know, I would love to try them out, but it's kinda wasteful. Hmm.... I'll think about it. And if I do, they better be damn good.

The think I'm most worried the silverstars is them burning out, that means I would have to buy one, cost like $20 each.

I got my coupon in the sunday paper, houston chronicle if that helps. I'm thinking about going around, collecting all the coupons and hording bulbs.

·
Super Moderator
14,170 Posts
Never thought I'd wish I had a pepboys around here.

Put them in and keep the others if you really want. It's not that big of a waste considering how cheap they probably were. Hell I'd buy a second pair while they're still that cheap.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you need a coupon to do it, the coupon ends next week if I remember correctly. I got the coupon today and used it today.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
integrapunk67 on Feb/01/04 said:
So can you actually get them for that price??
You know it!

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
thugzluv4lifez on Feb/01/04 said:
get the real deal...cost about 20 bux..dont buy from pepboy...those wont last long..trust me
Huh? English!

How is he 'not getting the real deal'....those are real Silverstars, not knock-offs. Please read more carefully.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts