Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had to choose a brand other than OEM dealer brand clutch master cylinder which would you choose??

Rock Auto lists Luk, Sachs, Centric, AMS, Valeo, Exedy, and Autozone sells a rebranded Bendix one.

Are there other brands that are better than these but cost less than OEM dealer parts ??

· Registered
118 Posts
Sarcastically speaking, all made in the same factory in China. And a master cylinder is nothing more than an aluminum bore, a steel or aluminum slug, and some EPDM o-rings. Shy of some extremely poor manufacturing (and even the stuff in China is being made on the same CNC equipment as the nicest shop in the US) or just bad luck, anything you get will work just fine.

· Registered
46 Posts
If you had to choose a brand other than OEM dealer brand clutch master cylinder which would you choose??

Rock Auto lists Luk, Sachs, Centric, AMS, Valeo, Exedy, and Autozone sells a rebranded Bendix one.

Are there other brands that are better than these but cost less than OEM dealer parts ??
I'm using a Beck/Arnley model from Rockauto and it's working pretty good. They're about $30 before shipping, can probably find them on Amazon too

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My research has now lead me to doing S2000 retrofit only because it seems its only way to get a quick release (faster shift) that verision that blox makes. Omni power makes one fits directly on Integras but the reservior is still remote.
It seems there is no getting a unitized clutch cylinder with the reservior attached and also getting a performance shifting clutch master cylinder. If someone knows something feel free all i am finding that decreases pedal travel for a faster shift and has resevior attached is the Blox S2000 Quick release cylinder.
Back to your brand suggestion though for a factory style I considered Beck/Arnely before, not quite sure who makes them but I agree think they are better than auto parts cylinders.

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What i am really wondering is if you go to S2000 Nissin oem master cylinder if there is any benefit like less pedal travel to shift than oem integra cylinder. I know you use an adapter but does this adapter make the S2000 cylinder rod length etc the same as an oem integra cylinder?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts