Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to do a custom sub enclosure in my spare tire opening this winter, and was wondering what components I should use in the setup? I want to add some deep bass, but not tons like to where my car is going to start rattling apart. I was thinking 2 10s possibly? I was thinking of going with Rockford Fosgate stuff, what do you guys think of that? Basically, I am wondering what you recommend for subs/amp that will provide deep/clean bass. Thanks!

·
Registered
544 Posts
10's are perfect i think. I don't know about rockford fosgate b/c alot of them that i've seen aren't so great. Check out audiobahn subs, or i have mtx with no complaints.

·
Registered
655 Posts
DeadLock23 on Aug/18/02 said:
rockfords are great, have them forever never a problem, the base is deep trust me
yea it is... don't cheap out on RF though and get the punch z's. those are starters, not for good clean, deep bass. go with either HE's (400 watt) or dual voice coil HE2's (800).know what kind of setup you want (bridged out single channel amp, or multi channel for each sub. know what ohms and how it affects the power, etc. don't buy blindly)

for example I'm running two, 12" HEs in a sealed box off of a RF 400S amp (400 w @ 1 channel @ 4 ohms) take two HE subs (at 8 ohms or 4... your preference, I chose 8 for the sake of bridging my amp) and you can be pumping 400 to EACH sub at 4 ohms (nice safe number). anyhoo this is great for me and me and all my friends, etc. have loved it.

·
Registered
655 Posts
oh yea and lastly... your head unit DOES make a difference, not just the amp. having a head unit with sub outs is great. keeps ypu from having to adjust the gain on the amp just for certain songs (you know the ones). a head unit where you can remotely control the gain is very nice. or RF amps come with the bass knob that you can hide/mount by your deck. or do both for even more flexibility and never have to adjust the amp!! (what I did).

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a newer Pioneer deck with all the controls, so I should be fine there. For an amp, I was thinking of going with a Fosgate bd500.1 amp. 300w x1 @ 4ohm, 600w x1 @ 2ohm. What is the advantage of have dual voice coil over single. I am either looking at getting 10 inch HE2s or HX2s, what do you guys recommend? Is the amp I suggested big enough? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
I had my JLs W-1 for about 8 years and it still thump I should upgrade them to W-6 (maybe in a few years).

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you want GREAT sounds quality and bass and got a little money, get 2 Kicker square 10's and a Memphis 1000d amp. Ive never seen 2 10's make higher SPL than 2 15's, except for this setup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts