Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, so you all read my post from previous go's (15.9 - best). So i didn't have time or money to invest in polyurethane bushings for the front so what can i do about my launch to lower my 60' time from 16.4 to 16.2 or something?? thanks!

-Lawrence

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
16.4 is the lowest...oh please do tell, b18bad!!!

·
Registered
743 Posts
ill tell you everything i know, but you have to tell me what your 60 is now, if you ment 1.6 than i need some tips from you because thats insane!

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
If I remember you got 2.4's?

I would pick up a portable air pump from your local wallmart/target/etc. They plug into your cigerette adapter and you can inflate your tires.

The reason being, this way you can deflate your front tires with out worrying about having to drive back on them.

Try deflating them to 18 - 22psi, that should increase the front tires contact patch and hopefully help with the launch.

Then try launching at different RPMS, start at 3,000 and work up in 500rpm incraments. Feathering the clutch usually is more effective than dropping the clutch.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I agree with Style... Lower PSI and try to find the highest RPM you can launch at with minimal wheelspin.

Also I would like to add that (If memory serves) every 100lbs. you shave off the car's weight, you improve overall et by .1 sec. Time to start stripping down.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whoops! brain fart! i'll try that air pump thing, good idea!

btw..its 2.4

·
Registered
743 Posts
if its 2.4 than you can do alot. 60ft is all about weight transfer. on our front drive cars this sucks because instead of helping the natural shift of weight to the rear like rear drivers do, we have to fight it. the bet way to do that is to stiffen the rear. This is a very easy thing to do, and theres differnt ways to do it, depending on time allowed and resorces available. The cheapest and easiest way is to go to your local auto parts store and buy the coilspring spacers they have. I prefer the rubber kind in larger numbers myself as opposed to 3 or 4 of the larger and harsher metal ones. put as many of these in the rear springs as possible (or you feel comfortable with, whichever comes first). Another way to do it is what I did, and buy you a set of spare shocks at the junkyard and weld em'together at the proper ride hight. when you get to the track ,just swap em' for the shocks you ride on the street, run, and then swap them back to go home .

now, about the wheel hop, youve got to slow the engine torking over somehow and if you cant afford motor mount inserts then put a chain on the highest point on the engine you can find and wrap it over to attatch it to the subrame. (DO NOT attatch it to the core support, ive seen the rusults and they aint pretty.)

the only other thing i can say is find a buddy w/ some slicks and make sure your clutch is up to snuff!

one other thing i just thought of that is rule #1, weight, and thats rear weight most importantly is your worst enemy, rear wiper and motor, rear bumper, anything you can take off and get back on, take it off!

·
Registered
743 Posts
oh yeh, and i run in the 1/8, and my power steering belt was worth .12 to the dragstrip timing gods so trust me, ditch it, in the 1/4 mile it will really help!

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool thanks, but i have neither the time nor resources to do those just 5 hours before track time.

i'll be sure to keep it in mind for the next time i go.

·
Registered
743 Posts
just do the spring spacers, it takes about 10 minutes

come on man, no brainer, its worth a tenth and a half off your 60!

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alright...track was good.

i only got 2 runs. the best run consisted of

r/t - 1.008
60' - 2.334
1/4 - 15.827
MPH - 88.88

i never spun my tires before lining up, however, on this run i did and i noticed much better grip.

·
Registered
423 Posts
looks good you have lots of room to improve on your R/T but that just comes with practice, remember to launch before the green light goes and it should be closer to a .500 R/T time which is perfect. Nice job though

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea i know when to launch, but i layed a very nice burnout so when i quickly staged, i didn't have time to set up my rpm's. the tree caught me off-guard. usually my r/t's are .57

1 - 15 of 15 Posts