Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting an LSVTEC motor built for my integra. Do I need to upgrade the clutch too? Cuz if I do, I'll tell them to go ahead and put a new clutch in while they're under my hood. And another question, which clutch? I had Clutch Masters, ACT, and Exedy in mind. I dont want it to be a leg workout everytime I go to change gears though so nothing thats really tight.

thanks

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
depends on the torque that LS VTEC will make....are you keeping your LS pistons and using the VTEC cams that go with the particular head? An LS VTEC can be built up with Jun cams, ITR pistons, and a JDM 4-1 header witha 2.5 in. exhaust system...then in that case, the power would dictate the need for a clutch upgrade if you plan to beat up on it.

ACT HD plate and hybrid disc or CM stage 2 or 3 depending on the torque load. Don't enough about Exedy to say anything

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to use a b16a head with the stock b16a cams that come with it, b16a pistons, skunk2 IM, and DC headers.

The reason I'm using the b16a pistons is b/c I'm buying a whole b16a motor, so why not change out the pistons too. It will bump up the compression, by how much I'm not sure, but it will help. So do you think my stock clutch will hold?

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
Lou...an LSVTEC can be made up of different components and some can make more power than others.

so just because your LSVTEC only needs a stock clutch, others might not.

clutch selection should be made based on certain criteria including torque produced by the engine, how fast you want the clutch to grab or actuate, pedal effort, weight and heat resistance.

so it's not a 1 size fits all deal...you choose based on the criteria needed.

·
Registered
83 Posts
MichaelDelaney on Feb/23/05 said:
Lou...an LSVTEC can be made up of different components and some can make more power than others.

so just because your LSVTEC only needs a stock clutch, others might not.

clutch selection should be made based on certain criteria including torque produced by the engine, how fast you want the clutch to grab or actuate, pedal effort, weight and heat resistance.

so it's not a 1 size fits all deal...you choose based on the criteria needed.
i agree... my set up consists of p73 .25 pistons and stock b16 internals up top. i'm gonna switch to another clutch later, but for the break in process, i went with stock. i just built my ls/vtec a couple days ago so i don't think i'll need an agressive clutch.... i'm not planning to beat her up yet!!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
I would go ahead and get a new clutch while your at it, if the wallet allows! ACT is a good clutch to go with. The engagement is beautiful, and they also don't have the notorious "Gorilla Pedal" that is usually associated with clutch upgrades.

·
Registered
83 Posts
mantis106 on Mar/02/05 said:
I would go ahead and get a new clutch while your at it, if the wallet allows! ACT is a good clutch to go with. The engagement is beautiful, and they also don't have the notorious "Gorilla Pedal" that is usually associated with clutch upgrades.

that's what my problem was too... i didn't have the cash flow to afford a perfomance clutch... i spent it all on the motor...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts