Team Integra Forums banner

321 - 340 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #322
Is this what they call an exploded view?

lol seriously though, that motor looks beautiful, excellent work and attention to detail for sure.
I'd say so.All the insides outside? I'm sure we could all agree.

Thanks man, it's the cleanest engine/swap I've had to date LOL.

Long days, Low pay, Short stay-cation = brief hiatus.

Today's update in short, I lost footage moving from phone to phone and my documentation is suffering a bit. but I pieced together a J4D LSD spec gearbox. Gave it a overhaul and fitted it with a USDM LSD. I could have spent less with certain aftermarket bits but this was sort of a purist decision.

Unfortunately, the cleaning procedure does harm the labels, stamps, and vin tag at this level but onward and upward to some DSLR shots.

P.S. This is not new hardware either, I found the best looking hardware I could over the past 2yrs and I cleaned them up. I shouldn't be prideful in the matter but I love the zinc appearance from factory. Hope you guys enjoy the visuals.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #323
Fast forward 6mo. I towed the car to a place where the guys and I could have fun and make a mess. I was shooting for Eibach that recently passed but when I realized the time I had available and the detail level I wanted from myself didn't meet; I'd have to defer that dream. Somewhere in the timeline, I sold the weds and ended up picking up some temp. jdm 10 spokes as rollers.

Original parts, and a new to me fuel supply line from the homie Brayden (who also has a nice R project going).

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #324
Alright lads, we are on final approach to current time of this ITR's progress. If I've missed anything, I'll post later.

The clean up/ wiring pow-wow

CA items.....yaaay!

Swap ready to go in!!

Nerve wrecking times, but it slid in w/out a hiccup.

Fresh Hoses

Sourced an OE radiator w/ fans as I did not have one and I did not want an aftermarket replacement.

Ditched the OE cap for the themed one. Spoon hoses installed as well.

A new clutch line to compliment the new clutch employer and employee.

Thanks to JDM California I was able to source this P/S Heat shield.

BNIB ITR P/S Pump

Exhaust Manifold install

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #325
A buddy of mine named Jared, sent me these beauties; they needed some internal cleaning but that was fairly easy. I was stoked to get them on.

JUNKYARD FINDS

A step back to enjoy.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #326
Lost files. Re-coated the gas tank after changing out the fuel feed line.

Updates:

Harness arrives

Induction tuning - great OEM+ option. Looks stock and holds it's weight on a dyno.

Fuel Delivery - in my quest for simple bells and whistles I sourced me one of them 'der classic B&M FPR's, to join an OEM rail, regulator, and Type S K series injectors. Why? They flow 310cc-550cc (with modded tips) leaving me with enough flow to explore e85 in the future.

Some deals you just can't pass up (if you're talking to a car guy; my wife says otherwise)!

Calipers return from PC. I didn't know the letters were freshly done and guess what was the first thing I did.....yup, touch the letters lol

Brake setup will be boasting 11.8 F and 10.3 Rear

Lastly, A once dingy and dirty linkage, cleaned up.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
My God, what a build. I'm playing around with the idea of picking up another Integra one of these days and came across this thread.

Seeing you tear this thing down has got me quite inspired. :p

Nice work! Looking forward to seeing what's next.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #329
UPDATES WOOT WOOT! Finally the bumper support, battery tray, and AC Line bracket is back from paint.

and I installed injectors and rail....whoopy

Side note: Does anyone know of a rubber molding company? That can create new parts?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #331
This is such a glorious build, I love it.
one pay day at a time :D....Thanks brotha!

- UPDATES

OEM Caliper rebuild kit, 1 was in stock the other was a jp order....ooh fancy right.

I had put up a WTB for a starter w/ oem labels, didn't get much response. One was crusty, the other guy wanted $150. I opted out for a reman Denso, for less. I always try to buy from people before I purchase from businesses, it just doesn't always work out that way. Time to find an ECU, button up a few things and she should be ready to fire up.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
This car is going to be essentially brand new from top to bottom when you're all done with it. :O

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #335
Details details. Awesome build. So much care and love for the right parts. I want to be like you when I grow up LOL
Since I have no dedicated purpose for the car, I may as well take my time and get the visuals done once. Again my only regret is not painting it first. So if you do attempt something similar, strip the car and paint it first.

This car is going to be essentially brand new from top to bottom when you're all done with it. :O
I hope so sir, as much as possible.

I've disassemble the rear of the car yet again. I've decided to recondition it, instead of waiting for a future teardown and resto. Found some goods in my tool box I was saving for an old project that I sold.

I had begun with an intent to just redo the wheel wells with undercoating.

I guess I didn't have enough work on my plate, because tackling this was nagging me.

Since I know that white vinegar can deodorize while air drying (displacing moisture), I thought it would be the best at neutralizing rust, creep into crevices and air dry without making the situation any worse. In fact, it attacks rust directly. Armed with a spray bottle I removed the surrounding items and got to work.

After i wire brush and scrub everything down once more with vinegar, I'll be using chassis saver and then topcoat with an undercoating. The coolest thing is that it's a spray on or brush on coating. I may try to spray it on, haven't decided just yet. The most important part right now is my intent LOL.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #336
there's a vicious cycle outside these forum walls; it's called life. I apologize for the lack of updates, after loosing my daily to a collison, I had a choice to make. Rush this R or prepare another daily. I was in no rush to be followed home, nor sleep with eyes and ears open, so I chose the latter and prepare a daily.

To anyone reading this, I'm still missing the illusive rear 1/4 plastics and trunk plastics. If you have them new or like new, I am very serious about purchasing them.

Verbal updates: Mounted the battery tray and bumper support, I also procured non-torn covered AC lines.

Snuck some trips into honda here and there as wallet permitted

Visual Updates: Mounted a portion of the induction system, I was waiting to paint match this bracket witha gallon or two but I can do that later.

I apologize for the dust, I do my best to keep my bay covered but my co workers are frequently showing other clients it seems. When I arrive in the mornings it's always uncovered.....sigh ;)

airbag footage leak, I wish I could find a spoon filter less than 350 murdered, this decal would hold a greater significance

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #337
Well it's been a while fellas; so much has happened in life and I've done nothing but neglect this car. Since the last update: my daughter started college; I've bought some subarus (hence the neglect, hehe #noragrets); and we've purchased our very own first home. I normally work on the car here and there when I feel motivated. For whatever reason the hype and over saturation of R's has left me indifferent to completing it. One of the major issues that kept me from progressing was finding some clean rear interior panels. After "Ten-hundred and two" tries, a legion of miles, a few flakes, I had finally scored some pretty clean ones (stored horribly but safely).

some light spring cleaning and some schweet rear panels

don't mind the BGJ; tackled the undercarriage and began some so re-installation.

321 - 340 of 340 Posts