Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm getting the Rota Circuit 8 (Gunmetal) because I'm getting an awesome price on the package. The rims & tires are coming with 0 miles on them. They are coming mounted on Ventus HR11 H405 tires (Hankook). Anyone have experience with these tires in the rain? They are just going to be my spring -> fall rims, putting on my snow tires & stock rims once winter rolls around.

If that tire handles bad in the rain what's a nice tire that has long tread life, handles nice on both dry & wet roads, & is reasonably priced. I really need something that will stick to the ground when it gets wet. (I don't drag or auto-x, so should I just stick with all seasons or T rated tires?)

From what I've gathered the following are good 3 season tires:

Yokohama AVS ES100
Yokohama Parada Spec-2
Yokohama Avid H4 or V4 (I know these are all season, but I still trust snow tires for the winter
)
Kumho 712's

Any suggestions from people who actually have rain, snow, & sunshine all in the same week will be very helpful. Don't you just love northeast weather.

Rota Circuit 8 (gunmetal)

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
the paradas are probably the most fun tire.. allowing you to corner like a bat outta **..
but they are more of a summer tire...
the avid h4s are going to be the quietest and last longer.. but overall perfomance is good..

if you can afford it get ther paradas.. you'll love them. i love them.. they aren't even on my car!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm looking at the tread on the Prada & I don't see how it is safe to drive in the rain.

I guess I'm just gonna see how the Ventus tires handle before I sell them off to get new ones.

It's too bad I'm only going to have 2-3 months to enjoy these rims then comes old man winter. I should just move to sunny Cali or FL, but then again I like having the 4 seasons & I'm just too attached to the metro area.

Let's hope for another winter of little snow fall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts