Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to paint my aftermarket rims and i want to take the center caps off, does anyone know how to get the plastic type ones off, i know the ones with a ring and clip are easy to get off but these ones are like a black plastic cone when u look at them from the back of the rim

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
i figured you would just pop them out from behind. maybe taking a pic would help us understand.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Use a hammer and a screwdriver. Put the blunt end of the screwdrivers handle against the inside of the center cap, and lightly tap the other side (the screwdriver tip) with a hammer untill it pops out.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Try the screwdrive method. If that doesn't work, get a flathead screwdriver and use the small end to slide the cap out. Just tap it with a hammer and then move it to the other side of that hole. If you dont want to scratch it up, put some electrical/duct tape on the end of the screwdriver. I think just tapping it with the handle end of a screwdriver will get it out though.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i already tried the screwdriver method and all but one broke, its ok though the broke very clean and if i want to put them on a little super glue will be no problem at all, looking back i should have heated them up with a heat gun first, but its ok now that my rims are painted i dont know if i even want them back on, once it stops raining ill put the rims on the car and take some pics of them painted with gunmeatal spokes and polished lip

1 - 8 of 8 Posts