Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy some new break pads or just have someone do my brakes. called the dealer and basically if i want to buy the oem pads from them they will charge me 108.00 f+r.if i want them to do the brakes for me they will charge me $ 500 f+r with the resurfacing and new pads. Does anyone know if its worth buy the oem or should I buy new rotors and new pads for the price that they are charging me. I need some options. I call on my fellow TI'ers for guidance

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Wow, thats a lot for a BJ if you ask me. BJ's can be expensive, if you can do it yourself, a BJ can be a lot cheaper.

Good luck if you decide to do the BJ by youself.

Isn't there an article on this site for changing rotors? I'm not sure, if there is, check it out, I thought I heard something about Z putting one up. Maybe I'm wrong.

Break- Like to break something, like smashing a glass against the wall.

Brake- What's on your car, used to slow you down.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THanks justin for the spelling lesson (lol). but really what should I do about this should i just buy new rotors, because i will have to have them resurfaced any way.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Yup dealers are bad. Are you brakes bad? It's one thing for the pads to be bad and another for the rotors to be bad. Most times you can just flip the rotors and they're good for another 20K. (at least) But DO NOT go to the dealer for a BJ. They will rip you a new one like Teggy said.

Remember, DO NOT go to the dealer for a BJ!!

Look into doing it yourself or someone who is the least bit mechanically inclined. All you need is someone who knows a little bit more about working on cars than just changing the oil and junk. You don't need to find a Honda engineer who can swap engines and tweak your NOS so you'll run 9's...

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
dankone i was in a similiar situation so what i did was buy 4 brand new brembo rotors and a front and rear set of rotex kevlar gold brake pads for $239 with shipping then got my local mechanic to put it on for a flat rate of $100 im very pleased with the results

·
Registered
88 Posts
dont have someone give you a BJ find some girl who knows how to give a BJ and have her do it for you.

neways... yeah... like kingkash said, buy some brembo rotors.... i sell rotors and i got some silver plated rust free... looks sweet... i just sold a set for 202 on ebay... search completed items, rust free brembo... buy some from whoever and get some metal masters... which are the ones i got... for like 60 bucks front and rear... but thats hook up price.. you'll propably spend 100... total is 300... install it your self... its pretty easy (thats if your handy and have experience w/ cars) only took me like 40 min. rear and 30 min. front... since i got practice from the rears.... pm if you have questions.

heres a pix of the rotors i just sold.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
If I were you, I would buy ATE Rotors (don't resurface your current rotors, that's ghetto) and some Pagid Metal Master pads. If you buy the stuff online, it'll be 1/2 what the dealer wants.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
ynotlim do you drill and slot those rotors yourself?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts