Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much does it cost to get your side molding removed?and if u do is there going to be holes in the side?

·
Registered
402 Posts
why would you want to remove them anywayz?? just my 2 cents.

93-TeG

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
TurboGsR on Aug/05/02 said:
Yes there will be holes.....you can remove them yourself and get them bondoed and painted for like a 100 bucks
100 bucks? maybe you meant 1000, but it would prollie be more like $3000-$4000 for filling and painting.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
this post is more than a year old! Talk about bring it back from the dead! People remove them because it gives it a clean look. The side moldings do however have a purpose and that is why i plan on keeping mine on.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Dominick331 on Oct/18/03 said:
Quote: TurboGsR on Aug/05/02Yes there will be holes.....you can remove them yourself and get them bondoed and painted for like a 100 bucks 100 bucks? maybe you meant 1000, but it would prollie be more like $3000-$4000 for filling and painting.
What kind of body shop do you go to? 3000-4000 dollars is like painting the whole car. Shaving side moldings and painting them will NOT be even remotely close to that amount of money. FYI, my friend got his door handles shaved on his civic for a measley 75 bucks (no paint).

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
wow i didnt even notice the dates..

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Yeah I will be keeping my side moldings too, just painting them to match my car. Removing them does look damn good....very clean look. However, I feel it's to much of a hassle and to expensive to get them removed. If I was painting my whole car, I would have them removed. I feel it would cost more then $100 but less then $3000. You can get two full paint jobs for that price.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
quality paint job cost 3000-4000, if you fill the holes from the molding you have to paint the doors, and quarter panels, thats like 65% of the car, at that point most people would probably paint the whole car, hence the 3000-4000.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
my brother had it done to a 94 2dr civic, i cost him $500 for shaving, $200 for bondo work, $500 for painting
so about $1200

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Dominick331 on Oct/18/03 said:
quality paint job cost 3000-4000, if you fill the holes from the molding you have to paint the doors, and quarter panels, thats like 65% of the car, at that point most people would probably paint the whole car, hence the 3000-4000.
most people don't have the money to paint the whole car but I do see your point.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
cluelessmale on Oct/19/03 said:
my brother had it done to a 94 2dr civic, i cost him $500 for shaving, $200 for bondo work, $500 for painting
so about $1200
wow did he get burnt or what? lol just my two cents... but hey if u got the money why not get it

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
[/QUOTE]
most people don't have the money to paint the whole car but I do see your point.
[/QUOTE]

I agree, Id love to shave my moldings, but id rather paint the whole car if i did, and i dont have that kind of money lying around.

·
Registered
461 Posts
i know this is old but ya....

doesnt anyone try and do things themselves? why does the world have to be so lazy and pay everyone...hmmmm

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I have a painting booth in my backyard.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Some people aren't very skilled when it comes to welding holes, grinding and such. Plus, not everybody has his/her own painting set up to just go out and slap a new coat of paint on. I'm all for DIY, but everyone has his/her limit to what he/she can do without reaching out for some extra help.
~Sean

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Well, while this is back from the dead....

I am no expert at any kind of body work, but, since you can access the back of these holes when you take the moldings off, I don't see why if you put some mesh over the holes then bondo'd them, it should work.

That should last for awhile, as long as you aren't the kind of person that continuously slams your door shut.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts