Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 87 gen1 that has decided it didn't want it's hood open anymore. When i pull on the inside lever i can hear a little noise from under the hood but there is very little resistance and the hood does not open. Is there a way to manually pop it so i can diagnose the problem further?

Thank you
Rob

·
Administrator
3,607 Posts
Have a second person pull up on the hood while pulling on the hood release.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update on this with more information:

My wife and I had another look tonight. Hood has always opened normally until now. Wife checked oil and said it opened and shut normally. Not it won't open.

Tried seeing what i could with a flashlight. I can see the latch on the bar and can sort of access it with a screwdriver but cannot do anything in the way of unlatching.

Tried the pull cable and hood method. I CAN hear the cable ticking right at the latch but the hood does not open. It felt like the handle pull might have been limiting the ability to pull more so i disconnected the cable from the handle pull and pulled with a needle nose plier. Still not able to open. The cable pulls out maybe a half inch and then there is a tiny bit of resistance. That is when you can hear the tick at the latch. That leads me to believe the cable is in tact (that might be bad news....).

Any more ideas or suggestions? This is my commuter car that i absolutely LOVE. Manual seats...manual windows...5 speed...mine is actually in better overall condition than the one shown in this article
Collectible Classic: 1986-1989 Acura Integra

Want to figure this out ASAP as I'm worried I'll leave my lights on and not be able to jump it :)...plus I'll need to change the oil eventually...

Thank you,
Rob
Renton, WA

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Check at First Integration if you haven't already. They might have an answer specific to your car.

I understand your love for this car. I purchased a 1987 Integra LS 5-speed new in November 1986 and drove it for ten years and 180K miles. The engine just begged to be revved!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts