Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

This is my first time posting here after lots of lurking. Long story short, a friend of mine let me drive his Integra GS and I fell in love. I ended up buying a 98 LS, and I've owned it for a year now. Now, he also sold me his JSRC supercharger for very cheap--$300. He told me it needed new bearings, and that I'd need an adjustable FPR and bigger injectors to run it.

After some lurking, it seems like what I need is an FPR, bigger injectors and a tuneable ECU, along with intake/exhaust modifications. This will be my first time doing forced induction on an engine, so I would love all the guidance you can provide. Him and I are sadly no longer friends after a disagreement, so I know no one personally with an Integra, although I do know a local shop that ran an Integra as a race car in some sort of event series.

My questions are, what parts/etc are necessary to run this supercharger reliably on my daily driver? I'd like to run stock internals with only a little boost, somewhere in the 6-9psi range. I'm not looking for anything crazy, just a little bump in getting around town, and the sexy SC whine.

Perhaps I'm better off selling the supercharger and going turbo instead? What are your thoughts?

As far as credentials, I've done a lot of shade tree work, I know someone is gonna say "learn more about forced induction" and that's okay, I understand... but everyone has to start somewhere, and right here on T-I is where I'm starting. Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
912 Posts
Hey man, welcome to the world of whine.

So for this $300, what parts did you get? Just the JRSC blower? Did you also get the intake manifold? The belt and pulley brackets? Adapter to the throttle body?

Bigger injects are probably not necessary for 6psi. Neither is an FPR. A reasonably tuneable ECU is where I would start.

Cheers,
-Robb

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I nearly forgot about this thread. I have the blower and the intake manifold, I believe I have the brackets as well, possibly the adapter. It's hard to tell what I'm looking at since it's all apart, and I didn't get a good look at it on my friend's vehicle before he took it off. I can provide pictures. Would a compression test give me enough information to know if my internals are in good enough state for the upgrade? Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts