Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay dose anyone have a pic of a gen 2 with ITR headlights on it im getting ready to work on the putside of my car and headlights are on the top of the list. I want to do ITR headlights but if i cant see what they look like on a gen2 im going to do euro. headlights and if i cant get them then i guess im will get the jdm one price set. thanx for the help

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
yea i got a couple pics, but i dont know how to post the pic on here so give me your e mail and i will send them

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anyone eles can help me ee what it looks like

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
I have seen them, basically the mounting brackets are modified. if you go to e-bay and look at pics of one piece JDM 90-93 lights and JDM type-r lights you can see the difference between the two. it can be done however the cost of the lights plus the cost of modifying the lights plus the risk of hosing it up is very expensive. matrix racing is now making gen2 projector style headlights and they don't look to bad.
here they are

here are the actual one piece jdm lights. notice the brackets are the same.

and here are the JDM Type-r on piece headlights. notice the brackets are quite different.

back view

·
Registered
133 Posts
the type r lights aren't an exact fit neither the corners are shorter tan g2's. i may buy a set of those projectors from matrix and turn them into black housings with my oven. ( i'm ghetto)

·
Registered
225 Posts
there wern't any g2 itr's. the first itr was in 96. this is a hell of a sawp that i would do if i had the money. but to do it, you would have to modify the mounting points, the hood, the fenders, and the bumper. its not that big of a deal, but its enough work to make a body shop charge you and arm and a leg, hehe.

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
OldSkewlGSR on Oct/01/02 said:
there wern't any g2 itr's. the first itr was in 96.
First and rarest ITR's were in the 1997 year, not 96.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I could have swore that the first ITR was in 96, Japan only though. I thought the first ITR in the US was the 97. If not, then I learned something new today.

·
Registered
431 Posts
OldSkewlGSR on Oct/02/02 said:
I could have swore that the first ITR was in 96, Japan only though. I thought the first ITR in the US was the 97. If not, then I learned something new today.
you are correct

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
read what I posted. I showed matrix's new lights for gen 2's, then I showed the actual Jdm lights for Gen2's and then I showed the Gen3 JDM ITR lights. a few of the pics aren't working all the time though.

·
Registered
136 Posts
hey jacksont001, thanks for posting up those pics of the new matrix lights for the gen2's...i was actually thinking about going with the type r headlights but the cost of that would be too expensive so i was trying to decide on whether to get clear corners or jdm one piece lights. after seeing those new projector lights though, i think im gonna go with those without a doubt. one question though, i wanna know if they're going to come out with those projector lights but in black housing anytime soon. anyone know the answer let me know asap.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
currently MATRIXonly offers the silver housings. you have two options on the projectors, regular or "blue IoN". If you had tons of $$$ to blow the GEN3 JDM type-r lights with the black housings look AWESOME on a black gen 2. so much so it actually looks very similar to the gen 3 JDM front end. The one piece JDM headlights look very nice too, and are not quite as expensive at the matrix lights. the matrix lights are about 350 right now.

OBX motorsports offers thier own version of the one piece headlights but this one is interesting...
C9093CC Chrome/Clear (looks like the gen2 JDM style)
C9093BC Black/Clear (HMMM...!)
C9093CB Chrome/Blue
C9093BB Black/Blue

I couldn't find any pictures of the black and clear OBX lights. this looks like what you wanted tho.

·
Registered
99 Posts
OldSkewlGSR on Oct/02/02 said:
Yup, 96 was the first year.
96-Spec JDM ITR

·
Registered
136 Posts
yea thats the problem...haha i don't got the $$$ to get a type r headlight conversion...like i heard you gotta modify the hood, fenders, and bumper...and a g2 black integ does look sweet with type r black housing headlights, i gotta agree with you on that...oh yea im kinda confused on the obx headlights...are you sayin that those headlights you listed from the website are like jdm one piece headlights?...cuz i dont really like the jdm style one pieces for the g2 integ, like the lense doesnt look as clean and clear as the type r's or the matrix projectors...but if those you listed have like a clear lense and the black housing (C9093BC Black/Clear (HMMM...!)) then i would look out for those cuz they would look good on my black integ...oh yea you got the prices? cuz i went to the website and they didnt have a pic or price...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts