Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, there are a lot of threads I have read about trans swaps and gearing for Gen2 integras. All of these are related to street cars, I have a rather different situation.

I run a couple of 91 Integras on a Mini Stock 4/10 mile oval.

Car 1 has a b18A stock with stock trans.

Car 2 has a B18A with PR3 Pistons and B18B1 Head/Intake.

The problem I am running into is with the gearing. The long 2nd gear in the 91 trans is great for power but I run out of RPM on the straights and am losing time with all the shifting.

If I try to run the track in 3rd gear I am too low in the powerband to pull out of the corners.

So what I was thinking was dropping in a shorter 3rd gear so that I can run the track in 3rd without having to downshift except in emergency/recovery situations.

The big question is which trans should I be sourcing a 3rd gear from? Needs to mate up with the 91 B18A trans.

Before anyone asks I dont really care about 1st, 4th, 5th I only use 4th in the pits and the car never sees 4th and 5th on the track. Car also never sees street driving as they are not street legal cars.

The tire combinations that I run are as follows.

14" Hoosier 790 23"X7"
15" 205/60R15

Thanks for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
1998 Integra LS prepared for Road Racing
33 Posts
Are you able to change the final drive gear in the class? That might change the speed enough to be able to better use 3rd

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you able to change the final drive gear in the class? That might change the speed enough to be able to better use 3rd
Transmission has to stay as stock OEM so as long as I can change the internals with OEM parts they will never know :) I need to get 3rd closer to 2nd so whatever I need to do for that short of finding a GSR trans will pass inspection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts