Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new set of indiglo gauges and this time i did it myself. This morining when i drove the car for the first time after doing it i noticed that my rpm gauge seemed a little off. Normally after starting the car it revs up to 1500 than idles around 1000 until the car warms up, this time it shot up to around 1000 and when the car warmed up it went to below 500 (which is where it normally idles) So i'm pretty sure its off.

When the car is off the neddle is way below the zero, is it supposed to be even with the zero like the speedometer is? (i forget what it looked like) Are both needles supposed to be resting at the same angle? what do your cars tach needle rest at when the car is off?

If it is off than to fix it do i just push the needle back up to where it is supposed to be? When i installed the new gauges i didnt remove any of the needles i just slipped the gauges over them but i did accidently touch the needls causeing them to slightly move, but it looked like they went back to their orignal postion afterwards.

Also my temp gauge was stuck this mroning, it stayed in the cool zone and barely moved. But oddly enough it worked fine later on when i was driving home from work. should i worry about this?

Sorry this message is so long but i just wanted to explain everything so that my problem can be understood clearly and hopefully figured out. thanks for the help
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
my bros gauges don't go past 50-60, we installed some customer gauges. the needles aren't hitting the gauge, and I was very carefull with the needles. Still can't figure it out!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
if your needles dont' pass a certain point then it must be that your guage face isn't fully attach to the surface, which creates a lil bump and the needles can't move freely. i had the same problem when i installed mine. like i didn't even move pass 40mph, and the gas was always on full, and the temp was like 1/4 up, which worried me when i first saw it. so then i had to take everything out and tape/glue the faces down better. i used epoxy, which worked for me pretty well.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top