Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i have a question about my integra. when i am in 2 and third gear at low speed and let off the gas it jerks kinda hard. then when i coast and give it gas in third or second it like jerks again. i just barley tap the gas and it jerk i really would like that to get smoother and was wondering about any solutions. If anyone has one plz tell me soon as possible thank you

·
Registered
80 Posts
yeah mine does that too
mine does it all the time in 1st gear though... but only if i just suddenly let off the gas completely. i didn't think it was a problem

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
honda and acuras from what i know, dont have what like volkswagons's do, that thing where it decellerates a manual tranny smoothly, so it is like an auto when u let off of the clutch. any of our manuals will do what u said, so nothing to really worry about

·
Registered
124 Posts
You didn't happen to remove the throttle body dashpot to make room for a strut bar did you? The reason I ask, is that I was reading some threads on G2ic where people were talking about doing this, and the general conclusion semed to be that you could remove it, with the only side-effect being you would lose smooth deceleration - it would be rough when you took your foot off the gas.

·
Registered
124 Posts
[/QUOTE]
Not to sound retarted...but I've never heard the term "dashpot" ? what are you referring to ?
[/QUOTE]

on G2's just above the intake manifold are some little 'flying saucer' shaped thingy's like this:

depending on strut bar brand, there is often not enough clearance. Suggestions were: insert washers under strut bar or take of throttle dashpot.

Picture blongs to DA-MAX from G2ic. Hope he doesn't mind me borrowing it for educational purposes...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts