Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i can't seem to find anything about this exhaust system on the site. Do any G3 owners have the Type 1 Racing exhaust on their teg? How does it sound on the B18c? are you happy with it? any other comments? Thanks!

- Andy

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hey man I have a friend that has the T1Racing exhaust on his G3 teg and it sounds and looks awesome!! I am about to buy it from him, but I do have some pics of it on his car. I think the site he bought his from was something like www.randsmotorsports.com or something like that. Send me a message with your email address and I would be glad to send you some pics of it. I also have a video of T1R exhaust on a Type R which would most likely still give you the same sound quality as what it would be on a GSR.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
if you just bought something or had owned it for 1 yr, and they tell you that it's great, is that a reliable opinion?

I guess it depends on the type and quality of opinion and info you are looking for which most people can't articulate in their question.

you can look at the craftsmanship and specs and that's about it. Those don't guarantee that it's better or will last.

The later generation T1R exhausts accomodate the enthusiasts niche who are looking for stainless straight thru resonator design exhausts with > 60mm OD.

Is it any better than the other 2.5 in. stainless exhausts or lasts longer or quieter? how would that person's friend know unless he strapped all 4 different exhausts on his car and listened? if he bases his opinion on what he hears from other cars with that exhaust he will run into trouble since a poorly tuned engine will have a louder sound even if he has a good exhaust resonance sound control.

in the end, you are only left with the craftsmanship quality, specs relative to your power goal, design, and price to base your exhaust decision on. the opinions offered are limited if the experience is limited.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Im about to purchase a the T1R exhaust. You can get it straight from AJ-Racing for roughly $350 shipped for the axleback. And HERE's the other distributer. on Honda-tech, a guy video taped a comparison of a stock Type R exhaust and then the Type one Racing Catback idling and reving. And he also has a clip of what it sounds like inside the car and a couple fly-by's. Pretty interesting clips

1 - 6 of 6 Posts