Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm still messing around with this guy from ebay about my passenger side projector being screwed up, (its not centered in the housing) but I thought I'd post some pictures anyway. The driver side assembly is fine so I'll wire that one up and install it now and then do the other one when it gets here. I won't need to drive my car all week anyway so it can just sit in the garage.

I took a picture of the stock look and this new aftermarket lens look. The big difference is that the high beam lens is clear like the low beam. Both lenses are more clear than even the factory low beam side is. I would expect that to mean more light and brighter than hell brights. I don't know what kind of bulb is in the bright side because it comes already preassembled with one. You just plug the harness into the housing and off you go. They are definitely brights. I've tested them. I was kind of hoping they would be city lights or something. No such luck.

I also took some pictures of the halos. This is as bright as they get. Its actually not too shabby. They lit up the wall of my garage quite well. They are about as bright as the ones on BMWs so I'm not complaining. They are very well built halos.

So far I'm not going to give any suggestions for other people to rush off to eBay and buy these. I need to make sure they aren't total crap first. As soon as the other housing is replaced then I can road test them and let you know what I think. So far I think the appearance is excellent. We'll see how the functionality goes...

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You have to wire the halos to the parking lights. I mean, the power has to get to them somehow, ya know? lol So its not entirely just take out the old and put in the new. The articles on this help a lot. Taking the bumper off is cake and wiring them is even easier. Like I said, the articles are all you need.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Looks sharp Anthony!

I have thought about them, but my housings are black now (still pretty rare) and I haven't grown out of them yet. Definately keep us posted on how they come out when done.

PS...Did you Klasse em yet?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Let us know how those go, Ive heard you have to wire the halo's to an actual seperate switch because if not they burn out to quick. Also heard the lense's are plastic if you change bulbs they will melt.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Edited by jeter2nyc at 02/22/2004 01:15:01 PM
The halos run about 200-300 depending on whose selling em. The light is a bright white. At least thats what mine are. It uses whatever your stock bulbs are except for the highbeam. Im not exactly sure why but the set I have its not the regular highbeam bulb. But it did come with the halos

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
In Reply To Me007gold:
those are BRIGHT, mine arnt nearly that bright, when you wired your us did you wire all 4 lights up, or just two then wire the other two together to complete the circuit?   I wired the 2 positives from the halos to the one positive on the low beam and same for the negative. They came out as bright as birds. I am gonna eventually wire them to my parking lights and add foglights to forgo the use of the headlights. Which im sure isnt legal but the fogs will be bright enough to light up the road so as to avoid an accident. But still have the headlights wired up incase i need to use them.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yo i just bought some of the same halos but i got the ones with the black housing. Their really nice but in daylight the halos arnt that bright because of the blue color. If they were yellow it would be better for daylight but i like the blue ones way better. Mine came with the yellow bulbs and yes you have to wire the halos seperatly. The beem is the same as my factory ones but i can sooo much more. IM me at dude1259dude if you want to see any picture or want my factory headlights.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.