Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guys,
as some probably already know,when the snow storm hit the east coast,some lady slid into my teg :(. i just got a new door and now im painting it. i already sanded the door (it was off a black gsr) and primered it,now im wondering whats next? what is the steps to painting a car/car parts? is it sand,primer,wet sand,paint? and if so,does anyone know what grit sand papers to use,i need ALL the details.

thanks guys

·
Registered
83 Posts
Are you planning on spray painting? Or do you have proffesional equipment. I wouldn't recommend painting it yourself without an air gun.

Also do you have color matched paint? Depending how old your paint job is it's probably got some sun fade.

I'd recommend taking it to a body shop. you should be able to get the door painted for no more then $300. At least in my area.

·
Registered
12 Posts
chances are that you'll need to blend it or else your door will be all nice and shiny and the rest of you car will be faded. after you prime you need to wet sand with 600 grit. some people use the DA but you can just use a block and sand it out until its all smooth

1 - 3 of 3 Posts