Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of doing this conversion and i have a question. I did a search and it answered all my other questions except one last one.

i heard that doing this conversion is bad cuz the socket wont beable to handle the heat from the 9005 bulb and it will cause damage to my headlights, is it true?

can someone clearify it for me?

can be locked once it has been answered.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
it will only melt the harness if you are using over-wattage bulbs.

transferring a 65w 9005 to a 55w 9006 harness shouldnt do any damage.

·
Registered
464 Posts
i did the conversion and it looks great in my opinion. well worth it. its been running for a little over a month now and still no problems. just dont buy bulbs that have a very high wattage.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have had this conversion for about 6 months and no problems. But if you are concern about using a 9005 bulb on a 9006 socket I would suggest you buy the 9005 sockets and replace the 9006 sockets with them so that way you don't have to be cutting away on the bulb and they would just plug in. You can probably pick up the sockets at autozone or some auto parts store for like 4 buck each.

·
Registered
464 Posts
tommy1223 on Mar/17/04 said:
Thanks guys. Now i just gotta go spend 45 bucks on the sylvania bulbs...
i didnt buy sylvania bulbs, i didnt think it was worth risking the bulb being burned. if my current 9005 last for a long time then i might get some sylvania's but until then i'll stick with my $20 cheap bulbs. :)
picture of my conversion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.