Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got a problem ticking noise coming from the head. 4th gear redline just about, someones knee was in the way, couldnt get it into 5th, it went into 3rd, hit about 8,000 rpms. Something up towards the top is ticking. Its a 93 integra gs. 158,XXX miles. If anyone has any ideas please tell me, im gonna get a small video/sound up tomorrow to see if anyone can help me solve my problem. If its just going to be something small or do you think it would be wise to replace the whole head?

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
it would be wise to not drive it until you find out what the problem is... you most likely bent a valve from slapping the top of the piston. if i were you, i would do a leakdown test, then repair as needed. sounds like it is probably a valve ticking.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We thought it may have been a valve I think im gonna take it all apart or just tow it to my mechanic.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no clue what im doing when it comes to stuff like that. I can take the valve cover off and thats about it engine wise. and plus i was looking for a new head anyways

·
Registered
199 Posts
valve adjustments aren't hard. best thing to do is go to autozone or another parts stor and pick up a Haynes manual for the car. it walks you through most repair procedures for the car from where to look for parts to how to do some major overhauling. I know for a fact that valve adjustment is in there!

·
Registered
43 Posts
First of all, I doubt very much that you hit 8K on 3rd because the rev limiter would have kicked in at 7.2K. Besides if this is a stock 93 GS motor it should not break after a brief excursion into 8K, if it really did. If you bent a valve (quite unlikely) you will have driveability problems...poor idle, poor throttle response, stumbling on acceleration and really really bad gas mileage. Valve clearance adjustment is very easy. My 10 year old can do it. Go to G2ic.com and in their car maintenance section there's a step by step show and tell with pictures on how to do it including all the tools you will need (not much) and spare parts that might be needed (valve cover gasket and liquid gasket.) Try it! It's part of the fun of owning an integra.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well mike, I think im gonan do it. But when downshifting in an integra there is no rev limiter. try it some day. and this is like the 2nd time its happend.

Heres another video you can hear it a little better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.