Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone im looking into doing a b18c1 swap...i found an engine at hmotorsonline for 2900 with Motor, Tranny, ECU..etc...ive read that my stock b18a1 mounts will work...how much have you guys done the swap for total?

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
prices vary man.
depends on how much work your doing.
needs to be done. payout the nose. doing work yourself... all kinds of variables.

·
Registered
662 Posts
A guy around me will do the swap for $800 and have it done in a weekend. He has done over 500 motor swaps in alot of different makes and models the guy knows what he is doing he will be the one i go to when i get my car converted to a manual as well as when I rebuild my motor for a turbo kit and he will make me a custom turbo kit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have bought a B18C to put into my 92 GS. The only thing I noticed so far in examining any issues is that the intake manifold with its dual intake channels may occupy more space in the engine compartment. There isn't a lot of clearance between the existing manifold and the firewall. Anyone know if that is an issue?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Forgot to say that I do this work myself. The doing is more important to me than the result.

·
Registered
111 Posts
i think you're gonna have to re-route some vacuum lines (like the one for brake booster)
look on g2ic.com
i know it has been dicussed there(with pictures)

·
Registered
16 Posts
you can use a B16 intake manifold, saving yourself the hassle of wiring up the IAB's on the GSR manifold. WHat year is your integra? If its 92 or newer your good to go, as long as your enigne is obd1. Howeve rif you have a 90-91 wiring will be more of a hassle. You probably already knew hits.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
BrianDB1 on Apr/04/04 said:
you can use a B16 intake manifold, saving yourself the hassle of wiring up the IAB's on the GSR manifold. WHat year is your integra? If its 92 or newer your good to go, as long as your enigne is obd1. Howeve rif you have a 90-91 wiring will be more of a hassle. You probably already knew hits.
I don't think a B16 manifold is a bolt-on affair. I also believe you will be choking the engine. It's all been covered here before.

·
Registered
277 Posts
BrianDB1 on Apr/04/04 said:
My friend with an 90 Civic HB is running a C1 with B16 intake manifold.
ya but it doesn't bolt right up, the b16 will bolt up to hte b18c5, but not the b18c1 or b18b
but you can get it to work, jsut takes some machining

1 - 15 of 15 Posts