Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend wrecked her 91 Integra and I want to buy it back and i want to know what parts will fit. I have an auto and I would like to put her motor and manual tranny in mine if i could. I have 95 4 door and hers is a 91 two door. Also will the brakes and struts fit? anyways let me know what will work and wont so i can decide wether I want to do this or not. I need to know though if the pedals motor ecu and n e thing else needed for auto to manual swap will work Thanx -Tanner

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't believe the tranny would work unless you used her pedles and cable trany componets. Because if what I have heard a 90-93 integra has a cable trany and 94 and up have a hydrolic trany. But yet I have never seen or tryed it. Do what you want.

·
Registered
661 Posts
yeah, jon's write. the da's(90-just 92's i think) use a cable clutch...her car is a 91 w/a ys1 cable tranny. it is possible to do, people have done auto-manual tranny conversions, but a lot of people would argue to just sell the auto and by a stick(cost-wise). Also you would need to convert your dc from a hydro to cable setup. There are kits that convert from cable to hydrolic, but never seen the reverse. And you would have to have the brake pedal swapped out of your car and her brake and clutch pedals swapped in. It's a lot of work, but if you really want it, it can be done.

·
Registered
16 Posts
To clearify, all integra's up to 93 (in the USA) were cable transmissions.
to do an auto to manual properly...

In your car a 95 Integra you'll need
Pedal Assembly, (gas/brake and cltuch are all made together)
Clutch Master cylinder
Clutch resevoir
clutch hard lines
Shift linkages w/lever
Hydro Transmission (RS/LS/GS/GSR)
5 speed ECU. (RS/LS/GS)
As far as the brakes if your's has ABS, the rotors off her car will not work, if not then they will. Calipers will not. Struts may, Im not sure.

Good luck, I've done a auto to manual swap in a 90 Integra, so it should be similiar, if you need help email me. [email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts