Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We G2 owners are either discriminated against on this site...or not creative enough to write our own articles.

I was just browsing through the articles looking for a project to do on my car tomorrow, since there is so much to be done, and there are very few of them relating to the G2. This makes me sad.

I'd like to see an article, for instance, on repairing a broken power antenae for my '91, but the only article on it is for g3's.

Some of you guys need to step up...I don't have anything to offer yet as I'm just getting started, but I know there has been alot of work done on G2's that hasn't been documented.

Help me out here!

**Title edited by a Moderator**

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
why not try it yourself and create your own article..and as for the title...CHANGE IT! it will either get locked or no one will know what your asking.

as for "us" G3 guys, we experiment on our own cars to get these articles out to you guys, where do you think we get it from?

my best bet would be to tell you to get a haynes or helms manual.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i work on my [email protected] all the time. i have installed my own custom push button start system, installed an LCD screen in the dash, put in a new water pump which had me take everything put the engine out of the bay and my power antennae just went out so i will be doing that shortly. i just dont do articles, but u can see everything i have done in the site in my sig. Haynes manual is your Integra's bible.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
hey shay dont worry man, i have found that by pm'ing many of the G2 owners, they help out and send diagrams. if u want info, just start asking in the g2 forum. o, and i will be putting up an article on antanea motor repair soon becasue i have to fix it, and thought i would sahre it with other g2 fellas

·
Registered
418 Posts
G2ic

this link might not work right now, as they are having server issues last I heard, but when the site is up, this should help you quite a bit more.

·
Registered
935 Posts
G2's were only around for 3 years (90-93)and G3's have been around for 7 years. (94-01) Lets think here... Why would there be more articles on G3's... Darn my head hurts.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Claborn on Mar/13/04 said:
i work on my [email protected] all the time. i have installed my own custom push button start system, installed an LCD screen in the dash, put in a new water pump which had me take everything put the engine out of the bay and my power antennae just went out so i will be doing that shortly. i just dont do articles, but u can see everything i have done in the site in my sig. Haynes manual is your Integra's bible.
Haynes= P.O.S.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Shadowhunter on Mar/13/04 said:
Quote: Claborn on Mar/13/04i work on my [email protected] all the time. i have installed my own custom push button start system, installed an LCD screen in the dash, put in a new water pump which had me take everything put the engine out of the bay and my power antennae just went out so i will be doing that shortly. i just dont do articles, but u can see everything i have done in the site in my sig. Haynes manual is your Integra's bible. Haynes= P.O.S.
it might be a POS but for 10 bucks... it was worth every penny

·
Registered
874 Posts
neglected like a "red headed step child" is an expression. I didn't know this till a few months ago...I guess its soposed to make sense because people generally dont like red heads or step children? hehe whatever...anyways the title makes sense. Its not a good title for coming up in a search...but that is fine because no one will be searching for a post that complains about g2 articles.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Why would you say your discriminated against? The fact is that there are more G3 tegs on this site so the articles are mostly for them.

Any G2 owner is allowed to make an article for their car to help contribute to the site. G3 owners can't make articles for the G2 since they don't have one. It's up to you guys to do so.

And to correct Teggyman:

90-93 were 4 years of Integra's the 90,91,92,93
94-01 were 8 years. So you have double the amout of G3 tegs compared to G2.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Furious94LS on Mar/13/04 said:
Why would you say your discriminated against? The fact is that there are more G3 tegs on this site so the articles are mostly for them.

Any G2 owner is allowed to make an article for their car to help contribute to the site. G3 owners can't make articles for the G2 since they don't have one. It's up to you guys to do so.

And to correct Teggyman:
Sorry, Daytona Beach spring break is to blame for that brain fart. Errr I need some sleep.
90-93 were 4 years of Integra's the 90,91,92,93
94-01 were 8 years. So you have double the amout of G3 tegs compared to G2.
Err sorry daytona beach spring break is to blame for my brain fart. Sorry, I need some sleep.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Hey, what articles do you need?
I am always willing to help you out.
Also help us out and document any project you do that you feel should be an article. We'll help smooth it out and then (pending approval) VOILA you have a new article!
The number one best thing I can suggest is to buy a Helms manual At Helm inc. and get familiar with it. Also if you go surfing around other sites and you see an article or a "how-to" and you feel like you can do a better/more thorough job, then GO FOR IT!!!
Don't steal copyrighted material, and give credit to those whom you got the idea from as well.

Complaining does nothing, Being pro-active helps everyone.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My reasoning behind wondering about the lack of articles is that the G2 is older and it would seem to me that it would need more restoritive type work. It only seems reasonable that more work has been done on that model verses the G3's.
I'll be happy to make some contributions, I was just a little surprised that there wasn't more already. It wasn't really a complaint, more of a shout out to the G2 guys.

And thanks for the cynicism Teggyman.

Everyone else: thanks for the links!

·
Registered
47 Posts
codenamezero on Mar/15/04 said:
Maybe this is another reason i am getting rid of my g2 and looking for a gen3. :)
hahaha

1 - 20 of 28 Posts