Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my teg bout 2 months ago and i don't really know much about it. My last real car was a 91 240sx that jumped timing, and i didn't have the money to fix it at the time. but any way i'm very happy with my 90 teg and it runs pretty good but i want to do more in the way of power and eventually get a supercharger. My question is what would be the best motor to get 4 a swap? I've been reading the forum and have found out that vtec motors can take more advantage of superchaghers and better flow such as full exhaust sytems and mild polishing and porting. and i have seen motors with up to 160 hp and i figure with a supercharger i can make any where between 220 to 250 hp reliably with the right mods. It's still a way off because i'm trying to get my suspension, brakes, and other basics done but i figured i'd start my research early.

·
Registered
75 Posts
First of all, WELCOME to TI.

Just in general:

Non VTEC B20B or Z
Lots of torque for a Honda engine that drops right into your car. Search for these engine types here and on HT. There is alot of info on them. Don't forget g2ic also. There is an entire swap guide there.

VTEC B16A, B16A1, B16A2, B16B, B17A1, B18C, B18C1, B18C5
All of these engines are drop-in and go. They range in power from 160-200+.

Also, just an FYI, there is only one posible SC you can do. VORTECH SC for the B16A2. If you have any other engine you will have to customize it to work. Good luck, hope this helps.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Also, just an FYI, there is only one posible SC you can do. VORTECH SC for the B16A2. If you have any other engine you will have to customize it to work. Good luck, hope this helps.
Why can't he use the JRSC?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks 4 the start now i have a little more direction to my research. I didn't know there were so many drop in options.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yea, the firewall and don't forget the brake booster where the pulley is supposed to be. Not worth the time and $$$.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My bro's 1995 GSR was theft recovered but with out its heart, its engine. I know that we could do and engine swap with G3 engines, but to save money, because he's just needs a ride rather than something fast, is it possible to swap in a G2 integra engine?

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
i know a guy that might still have a 1.7 turbo gsr motor from a 98 teg. not for sure that he still has it. but last time i checked he was going to let it go pretty cheap. like around 900-1000 dollars. i would get it but i just ran into some problems.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wraith on Feb/05/04 said:
First of all, WELCOME to TI.

Just in general:

Non VTEC B20B or Z
Lots of torque for a Honda engine that drops right into your car. Search for these engine types here and on HT. There is alot of info on them. Don't forget g2ic also. There is an entire swap guide there.

does this apply to G1's as well?

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
the most common would be the JDM B16A swap it's pretty much a direct bolt up to the G2's IMO I would like somthing that has more torque then the B16a's like the B18 blocks such as a B18C or B18C5.

·
Registered
75 Posts
G1-VC_teg on Jan/04/05 said:
Quote: Wraith on Feb/05/04First of all, WELCOME to TI.
Just in general:

Non VTEC B20B or Z

does this apply to G1's as well?

I am less familiar with the G1s, but I know I have seen motor mount kits for B-series engines into a G1. So I would guess the G1s don't come with B-series. With the mount kits + a 90-93 trans and drive train it should be mostly bolt-up.

Those considering the H-series swaps, they are slightly heavier, but more important is that they require quite a bit of mod to fit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts