Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a short ram like a lot of people and like a lot pf people i want a CAI..im on a low budget but want to do something to my car...i want to do this but are not sure of some things..do i need to re-locate the hose to the valve breather lower and how about the other hose...do i need to connect any other hoses...can i just get that pcv piping stuff from canadian tire...what piping is recommended...do i just take out the intake resonator and place the filter where that used to be...can i remove anything else to free up some more air flow...and i have a ractive filter with a heat shield..does that reduce the performance of the filter because of less surface area...and since the filter would not be in the engine bay anymore..is there a way i can take the shield off..i knwo a lot of questions but im a rookie so what ya expect..if anybody in mississauga wanna come by and help me with this project (if i do go through with it) that would be appreciated..thanks..

·
Registered
544 Posts
Well, you want to take out the resonator first. Then if you're making your own CAI, follow the article. I had that ractive air filter, and think my new K&N is alot better. however, you can remove the heat shield, you'll be surprised how small the actual filter is. You don't want to use PVC as the piping for your intake if thats what u were asking

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how hard is it for g2's to take out the resonator..i dont like messing sh*t up...i gave my old filter to my friend who just messed it up..it was all rusty so he spray painted the filter red again..so that filter is useless so this is all i got..i got it because i wanted some more yellow to match my spark plugs and dress up wires...what piping can i use that is cheap and easy to get....

·
Registered
544 Posts
Piping from JCWhitney runs about $40. which is also in the articles. My CAI cost me about $110 for piping, filter, connectors, and hoses. I have no clue about the stuff on G2

·
Registered
20 Posts
worldwar3 on Aug/27/02 said:
how hard is it for g2's to take out the resonator..i dont like messing sh*t up...i gave my old filter to my friend who just messed it up..it was all rusty so he spray painted the filter red again..so that filter is useless so this is all i got..i got it because i wanted some more yellow to match my spark plugs and dress up wires...what piping can i use that is cheap and easy to get....
Make an extension for your underhood intake. Its simple. I used a 3" mandrel bent exhaust piping elbow. It was a 55 degree bend or something like that.

Also removing your resonator should take about 5 minutes.
You don't even have to remove your front bumper. Pull the passenger side inner fender back and remove the "black box" like object inside. I can't remember how many fasteners there are... but it's something like 3. It's a bit tricky doing it with the bumper on but it can be done.

Get a shop manual if you don't have one.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
it ain't hard on the g3 to take it off with the bumper on, so i am assuming it is not hard to do so with the g2. Three bolts.

·
Registered
206 Posts
yeah there are three bolts that fasten the resonator to the car. one of the bolts in in a really difficult place to get at but it is there. it's reasonably easy to take out. if you are mechanically inclined it should take you about 10-15 mins if you aren't then maybe 30 mins if that.

good luck!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Thought you'd never see this old thread again huh?

Anyways, instead of starting a new post, I was just wondering if anyone can confirm the pipe diameter of a g2 LS intake.

I searched and searched but no luck.

I assume it's the same. But just making sure.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
He's selling his g2 for a fast silver g3.

How about you senor Lenguaso?
do you know the answer?

I'm sure SOMEoNE here knows the diameter of their g2's CAI or SRI.

I hope to know asap, since it's gonna snow soon and I want my stealth beater to be in racing condition before the winter games begin. Also, it will soon be too cold to install anything outdoor anymore.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
actually..im selling it for a fast black prelude...ahaha..or i could get the extra 50hp if i get a silver one..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts