Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey just wanted to write a quick post because im not to sure how many are aware of this. Basically sounds kinda crazy but my buddy had an s2000 throttle body on a complete head he was selling and we ended up taking it off and comparing it to my b-series throttle body and the bolt pattern was the same. i ended up buying a new gasket for a b-series and mounted the s2ooo body on my skunk2 manifold. all the sensors worked correctly and these pics barely show the size difference between the 2. the b-series opening almost fit into the s2000 opening. but neways honestly these are pics of the s2000 body on my skunk2 manifold

·
Registered
661 Posts
Did you try a dyno?
or any butt dyno performance gains?
Other than that good find.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i havent done any dyno. and it was installed while i was building my motor so i the first time i drove it had itr cams, the throttle body, and skunk2 manifold. i will say all 3 together was a nice upgrade. im sure there would be an improvement if you were to just do the throttle body. it really is quite a bit bigger. i thought it was pretty tight

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok the motor is a 00 gsr. im running a 95 obd1 engine bay harness, an obd1 distributor, and i believe i had to change the thermo housing i dont remember. And a 95 gst ecu. so basically converted to obd1 but not through ecu harness. I put 00 usdm intake and exhaust cams in it, a skunk2 im, aem short ram, s2000 throttle body, and a straight pipe cat. and thats it for right now. im really impressed with it so far

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heres how i look at it. i upgraded to an aem intake to allow for more airflow, upgraded to the skunk2 manifold which allows for a lot more air than the restrictive gsr manifold, then upgraded to the itr cams which is gonna have more air flow also. so as far as upgrades to the intake side of the motor the throttle body was the only thing left to be upgraded. im not sure if im correct but thats how i look at it?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
and i can c if i was running the stock cams, manifold, and intake there would be no point and possibly effect the perfermance negatively to upgrade the throttle body.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Having too big of a throttle body can hurt performance. If you dont have sufficient compression (or FI) to be moving enough air to support a larger TB, youll lose low end power.

Can you measure the opening on the S2k TB? What did it run you, by the way? I have a semi-built NA B18C1, making 192whp, and my TB is stock. It might be my next upgrade.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
95TYPEGSR on Sep/17/07 said:
heres how i look at it. i upgraded to an aem intake to allow for more airflow, upgraded to the skunk2 manifold which allows for a lot more air than the restrictive gsr manifold, then upgraded to the itr cams which is gonna have more air flow also. so as far as upgrades to the intake side of the motor the throttle body was the only thing left to be upgraded. im not sure if im correct but thats how i look at it?
So you have all that and still have stock exhaust manifold...... think about that.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
alright ill let you know tomorow. As far as price, i know through honda throttle bodys are like 700+ so thats outta the question. And i really dont know how much you could find one for and it would prob take a lil searching to find one to. not as easy as b-series parts or all other honda motors. I got mine for free. my buddy had a complete s2000 head up for sale but had no luck finding a buyer for the last 4 months. so it in his garage. new gasket was cheap, and everything matches up perfectly on the skunk2. and the comment about the stock exhaust manifold im running. correct me if im wrong ive been told the stock gs-r 4-2-1 manifold has almost the same or the same size diameter pipes as a dc which id never buy. and if i had the money for some comptechs or something then id upgrade. they working fine for me right now.

·
Registered
85 Posts
the gsr tb is 60mm. and from my research, the s2000 unit is 62mm, itr 62, h22a 60mm b18b 58, b20b 56, b20z 60. somebody go ahead and prove any of this wrong, but tb's are funny things.

bigger is not better, they seem to need to match the design characteristics of the entire induction system.

then somebody will throw up a dyno of a stock engine with a 68mm tb showing gains haha.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.