Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if it is only with falken or other tire mfgs, but for some reason Falken is bumping up prices soon dont know when... So if you all want to get some azenis or ZIEX ZE-512s now is the time to buy... also remember that the azenis are on serious back orders if the people do not have them in stock... too me 6 months to get mine...

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Tire prices in so cal went up by 10-15 dollars per tire. Well at least in my local area. It kind of sucks for me since I am currently searching for a tire set.

Summer is rolling around and what one company told me was that it is peak season for performance tires. Simple supply/demand is all that's going on. Other factors could be contributing to the rise in prices so lets not jump to conclusions.

·
Registered
234 Posts
LosAngelesTeggy on Apr/20/04 said:
yup^

ive also noticed lately that even more people are buying falkens.

what area u at, my friend just bought 4 falken azenis for 210.
did he buy the Azenis RT-215?

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
It's funny how everyone claims that Azenis have been on back order for a long time now, especially for the 205/50-15 size. I've been hearing that for about a year and a half now, but have bought 2 sets in that time with no problem at all. And I know many others who have bought them without problems as well. I'm due for another set, and I'm sure I could get them easily, but I'm getting Kumho MX instead.

More than likely, they're just hard to get from certain vendors (or they're just jerking you around). Vulcan Tire seems to have the lowest prices, but it also takes a while to get them. I go to a local shop that beats the crap out of Discount Tire's prices and they can get stuff no problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
hsariol on Apr/20/04 said:
Quote: LosAngelesTeggy on Apr/20/04yup^
ive also noticed lately that even more people are buying falkens.

what area u at, my friend just bought 4 falken azenis for 210.
did he buy the Azenis RT-215?
[/quote]
yup

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I just called the tire shop that I go to, and not only are the Azenis not backordered, but they have two sets of my size (205/50-15) in stock for $79 each, mounted and balanced. The Kumho MX tires are $103 each and not quite as grippy, so it looks like I'll be getting another set of Azenis tomorrow...

So, I'll tell you guys again... it all depends the shop's supplier. They really aren't hard tires to get. It's a waste to only use them on the street, but still not expensive or hard to come by if you shop around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts