Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I was installing my new cd player into my teg (actually I was just transplanting it from my old teg to my new one). Anyway, I got it in alright and it worked fine. But alittle bit later I realized that I would not be able ot get the cd's out of my cd changer because the connection did not fit into the back of the new cd player. So I went back and hooked up my stock one so I could get my cd's out and then put the new cd player back in. Anyway, when I tested it this time it did not work. I checked the fuse and it was blown so I replaced it and it still did not work. So then I hook my stock player back up and it doesn't work either. Anyway, I went over to my friend's house to see if he could maybe do something that I couldn't to fix the car. Well on my way over there, the gauge panal was lit up. When I leave, the gauge panal will not light up... and we did not even touch the fuse for the panal. I even checked it later and replaced it just in case but it still won't work. So, anyone have any ideas on what's wrong? Any replies will be welcome, I really don't want to pay out the ass to take my car to a Honda dealer to get it fixed

·
Administrator
43,018 Posts
how are you "checking" this as you claim?

theres two fuses for the radio, plus if you hooked up any kinda of illumination/dimmer wire (kinda hard to gauge since you dont tell us what deck it is), thats another fuse to track down...

on top of this... does your stock clock still work?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By checking, I mean that I pulled the fuse out and it was visably blown... although I have replaced all the fuses that I though it could be regardless if it looked blown or not. I have not installed any dimmer wire, and no my stock clock does not work. Oh yeah, and I just remembered... the "backup" fuse under the hood is blown too... haven't had a chance to replace that one yet.

·
Administrator
43,018 Posts
well, that backup fuse feeds the radio with constant power...

and you should invest 5 bucks into a volt meter, visially checking fuses doesnt tell much...

if you still dont have power after the backup fuse replacement.. then you should check the yellow and red wires right at the radio... with a meter/reader.....

electricial stuff is not diagnosed by sight

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input... and also, does that backup fuse work with the clock too?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts