Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey wussup guys,
I heard in one of the clutch threads that a full face unsprung clutch is a good type of clutch...the company making it is Specialty Clutches just wondering if anybody has some helpful info on this. I currently have a 6puck w/extreme PP so i'm thinking of getting an ACT streetlite flywheel w/a Specialty Clutch:FullFace Unsprung clutch due to my car being pretty much stock for now. I do plan to get all the bolt ons and redoing my valvetrain, cams and all soon. Im hoping to make 180-190whp for the occasional drag racing and autoX, but for the most part street car. So if you guys can help me that'll be cool thanks.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the clutch im looking at right now is full faced its not even a Puck type clutch...the only thing that concerns me is if it's sprung or unsprung center. Like whats the different and what are the pros/cons.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
A full face will engage smoother, and being unsprung it will transmit more vibration to the tranny. Supposedly it will decrease tranny life. But if you're doing a lot of high RPM launches you'd want something solid (unsprung) opposed to 4 or 6 springs.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
i have a unsprung 6-puck clutch, and i can only imagin a full face unsprung being harder to drive. it took me the entire break in the get used to the clutch. i would not suggest somthing like a full face upsrung on a daily driver.

Adam

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so for example a ACT street/strip is a full face clutch but it is sprung instead of unsprung? Its just the unsprung/sprung part that is causing problems right?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i also have unsprung 6puck right now which is way too much also a Xtreme PP to add to the chaos...that's why i wanna do it right this time by researching and asking questions.

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
Why does everyone think that a full face clutch would be more harsh than a 6 puck? You do undersatand that the stock clutch (as well as every other clutch) is a "full face" clutch.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Louse76 on Feb/08/04 said:
Umm, the stock clutch is sprung I believe.
Yes it's a full face, sprung clutch. 4 springs to be exact. This is what happens when you do 6k RPM launches on drag radials with a stock clutch:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts