Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the code 43 fuel system. First let me tell you what the car is doing. once in the wile it will feel like the car has less power. Like when getting on to a highway. The other thing it does. Is when you first start it up warm or cold and try to go 10mpr it will stumble and run rough with no power at all. If I let off and then step on the gas again it will be fine. I have tried the soldering thing with the fuel relay. New fuel filter, cap and rotor and plugs. I'm still waiting on the wires (should be here today) Any help would be great.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,572 Posts
Have you taken a look through these threads?

It sounds kinda like a clogged system, a vacuum leak, or an ignition issue. It sounds like you have done the fuel system and ignition system checking. I assume you have checked your ignition timing.

I would check vacuum with a gauge and see if you are leaking somewhere...

·
Registered
907 Posts
I dont have that code, but I do have that same exact problem and its driving me crazy. Its only when the cars cold, like when i go to start it after it sat over night. I start it, and when i try to give it gas it stumbles, bucks, and wants to stall. If I floor the gas it goes and takes off. With the same scenario of I let it warm up before i take off it drives fine. Its something with the motor being cold, if it were fuel delivery the car would do it all the time.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only thing is it stumbles when it is warm or cold. I'm going to try replacing the relay. I talked to a Honda tech and that is where he suggested I start. So any one know where I can get one that wont cost me a arm and a leg? None of the parts stores have them here in town.

Thanks for all the help so far.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The first thing I check on a code 43 is fuel pressure. It's the first thing listed in Helms too. If you have an aftermarket FPR then I would definately double check the pressure. If it's stock, it may be failing. I've found this to be the culprit on many more occasions than not. Doesn't hurt to check right?

My .02

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the help so far.

I ordered a new O2 any way. I have not replaced the relay though. I'm going to wait on that. I will be checking the fuel pressure as soon as I can get a tester. What should the fuel pressure be on our cars? I will also be pulling the fuel pump to check the filter in there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi guys new to the team integra forum. im shooting 2 codes one is 17 and the other is 43 i know the code 17 is a vss wich im not too worried about right now but i have replaced quite a few things to do with the code 43 as follows
-ngk plugs/wires
-ntk o2 sensor
-dizzy cap/rotor
-catalytic converter
today im replacing the fuel filter

i guess i should mention that i bought the car(1990 da9 2 door standard) with a b20b4 swap p75-3 head and pr4 ecu.
if its not the fuel filter i guess i have to move onto the fuel pump i just find it odd that there is no bogging or sluggishness.

the car did sit for 2 years before i picked it up i have run seafoam through the gas tank and the oil.

i would like to avoid dropping the tank if i can. any help diagnosing the issue would be appreciated oh and i replaced the gas cap cause i heard they are notorious for throwing a code off the gas cap lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.