Team Integra Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
I think you lost a ton of coolant, overheated the motor and now you have low compression and a rod knock. That is my opinion from the information given. Overheat creates a large array of problems internally with an engine. Did you toast the motor? Like the old magic 8 ball would say... All signs point to yes.

Pull the pan and see what you got down low that's knocking.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
i have taken the valve cover off and nothing seems out of the ordinary... im gonna check the oil pan soon.. maybe i did toast the motor but i hope not.. I shouldve never bought the motor from the dude that sold it to me.. its been trouble since day one

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
but the knock didnt happen immediately after overheating it/it shutting down.. i was able to crank it a few times and about 2 weeks later it starts making a knocking noise.. i've had a spun bearing in my old integra and it doesnt sound anything like this

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
also i can spin the crank with some muscle ofcourse and i dont feel or hear anything like a knock or abnormalities.. it spins like a normal running LS if anyone has the number for scooby doo and the gang please let me know!! I need to solve this mystery

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
That super awkward moment when its the starter.... -__- missing a starter bolt so it would make a knocking noise because it was a little loose.................................................................................................... fml

·
Registered
242 Posts
hey, at least you came back and gave us the final answer. 90% of threads like this have no resolution

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Ive noticed... Ive searched sooo muchh threads that have similar problems but no final answer/resolve... I still havent started the car

·
Registered
983 Posts
I only have the lower bolt holding my starter on
Is this really that bad
No knock no nothing although it is very tight
If ur missing a bolt then just use the lower bolt hole for now
I just drove for a year like this and just changed the starter about a month ago
Is there any extremes to just using the lower bolt

·
Registered
37 Posts
Let's back up

- How did you check for fuel, you said at the filter, what does that mean? Fuel doesn't end at the filter, it goes to the injectors after. Pull the spark plugs out and tell me if they smell or have fuel on them. You could always put a few drops of gas inside each cylinder manually or spray some starting fluid in through the intake (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED). Fuel problems are commonly mis-diagnosed.

- How did you check for spark? I pull the wire off the spark plug and hold the spark plug wire and see if it electrocutes me (call me oldschool, it works). Do this for all 4 cylinders or use the screwdriver method if you are a girly man ;) It might be even better to PULL the spark plug out and check to see if it has spark. Just because the plug wires have spark, doesn't mean the plugs themselves will too.

- Compression isn't great but it should still fire. I had 120 120 30 120 and it ran with a blown exhaust valve.

The only reason I am encouraging you to check at the end of the sequence is because that is where the action is. Saying 'my fuel pump is running' or 'my main relay works' doesn't necessarily mean that it has reached the combustion chamber, where spark and fuel matter. I am willing to bet that the fuel isn't making its way to the cylinder. It might be at the filter, but 1 pinched or broken wire and your injectors are now malfunctioning.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I tried starter fluid it didnt workk.. and there is gas on the plugs and in the cylinders.... i checked the spark by taking a plug and trying it with each plug wire.. also tried swapping dizzys from a running car... I have another set of injectors i may put on to see if that helps.. new spark plugs

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I only have the lower bolt holding my starter on
Is this really that bad
No knock no nothing although it is very tight
If ur missing a bolt then just use the lower bolt hole for now
I just drove for a year like this and just changed the starter about a month ago
Is there any extremes to just using the lower bolt
Well if your car isnt running and you have to tumble more than like 3 or 4 tumbles itll loosen and make noises.. but my brother has been running one bolt for like a year

·
Registered
1 Posts
That super awkward moment when its the starter.... -__- missing a starter bolt so it would make a knocking noise because it was a little loose.................................................................................................... fml
I have the same problem today i heard a knock then car shut off after a drive down the street eventually stopped turning on after a few tries now just cranks but nothing else

21 - 37 of 37 Posts